Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Mine looks like that as well. I’ve had the car for almost 2 years and it hasn’t moved more or leaked at all. Tried pushing it on further but as you stated, didn’t use a lot of force but it didn’t move
Sorry to resurrect this again but I saw the Bullitt owners checking this and checked mine today. Definitely not on all the way, but wouldn't move at all even with medium force. No leaking or looseness, and I have over 13k on the car so I'm assuming it's not going anywhere.
IMG_7849.jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Glad I saw this thread. Checked mine, and it was at the outer limit, so the next step is it coming off. But if I just push it in, it'd be back to that position in no time. The problem is a stressed line; it should be 1" longer, so avoid any stress. It's also stressing the plastic nipple. When pushing the line in, it leaked a little, as I squeezed it (but had a paper towel underneath). To solve both issues, I used 2 zipties. One small, wrapped around the line, so it never detaches. And a larger second around the thick brake line, to lessen the stress on the nipple, to avoid any future issues as the plastic ages. It's not at the perfect angle, but close. I probably removed 80% of the stress, so it should last the lifetime of the vehicle. Hope this helps.

One last comment. Ford obviously screwed up with that line. But I wonder if it's only cars with Brembos, which require a different master cylinder. Maybe the reservoir sits higher with Brembos, stressing the line more. My car is a Bullitt, so obviously has the Brembos.

Bullitt clutch line.JPG

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
^^ My car is a base Ecoboost and it had the same issue, so I replaced the line with a Steeda one. Most definitely not just cars with Brembos.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Glad I saw this thread. Checked mine, and it was at the outer limit, so the next step is it coming off. But if I just push it in, it'd be back to that position in no time. The problem is a stressed line; it should be 1" longer, so avoid any stress. It's also stressing the plastic nipple. When pushing the line in, it leaked a little, as I squeezed it (but had a paper towel underneath). To solve both issues, I used 2 zipties. One small, wrapped around the line, so it never detaches. And a larger second around the thick brake line, to lessen the stress on the nipple, to avoid any future issues as the plastic ages. It's not at the perfect angle, but close. I probably removed 80% of the stress, so it should last the lifetime of the vehicle. Hope this helps.

One last comment. Ford obviously screwed up with that line. But I wonder if it's only cars with Brembos, which require a different master cylinder. Maybe the reservoir sits higher with Brembos, stressing the line more. My car is a Bullitt, so obviously has the Brembos.

Bullitt clutch line.JPG
Nope, my non Brembo car had the same thing. It wasn't as far down the nipple, but there was a little bit of brake fluid around the area. I suspect that the motor moving around under full load is what does it. I put a small zip tie in the groove like you did and it seems more secure now. I might try the large zip tie support method but I'm not convinced it will help much if the issue is indeed movement under torque.

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Checked mine today, noticed it looked like it was near the end. I pushed it up all the way and noticed a very small amount of fluid coming out of the connector piece. I'm guessing there was a trace amount on the nozzle coming out of the reservoir that got smushed up when I slid it back on. The reservoir was completely full though so I don't think it's leaking. Maybe an upgraded line (Steeda's is good I think?) is the next mod I do.

EP901

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Just checked mine at 5k miles. It isn't seated all the way and wouldn't move at all no matter what I did. The fluid was already there before I pressed on it. Even after putting in the BG fluid, a Blowfish bracket, and a Lathewerks weighted knob 1st to 2nd is still nibbling/notchy. I'm wondering now if this is the problem? I'm assuming the dealer would just replace it with the same thing.

I actually came across this thread months ago and went ahead and got the Steeda line then. It's been sitting on my desk for a while. Maybe it's time to just go ahead and put it in....
Supply Line.jpg

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6-speed base
Excellent thread. My line was halfway off. It seated nicely when pushed back on and I did get a little bit of wetness from the fluid as some others have stated. I also used a zip tie like some of you guys just before the nipple on the master cylinder. The line is now not going anywhere.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! I just checked mine as well. It was about halfway off the connection and had slight seepage! Fluid level was good. I pushed it all the way on with a little extra umph, then tried pulling it off with decent force. Didn't budge! Good catch on this! Guess we have a lot of built on Monday, built on Friday cars lol.
Well lotta months later and after seating it properly its still where it should be. No zip ties needed no leaks.
20200828_122131.jpg

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
Yet another reason why I love this forum! I popped the hood after a gettin into the garage ( I do that to get the heat out of the engine bay after hard drives) and I usually just glance around to check things out and that damned line coming off the brake reservoir looked weird to me. It had some residue around the rubber line, and looked cocked like it was hanging on by hopes an dreams. So I googled 'GT350 Brake Reservoir' and mustang6g had a post already! Read it over real quick, gave the line a shove and got a soft satisfying click. Felt like an o-ring going over a plastic barb. Got a little weeping between the rubber grommet and plastic line, but cleaned it up and that was the extent of the excitement. After reading EVERY post on this thread, I feel confident that's what it needed. I'll continue to monitor, like everyone else. I love this place and am proud to be a part of this awesome community!
EDIT: Small zip-tie installed around the plastic line where it fits over the rubber grommet on the reservoir side for warm and fuzzies.

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6 MT 2019 F150 STX Ecoboost 2.7
Please look at the following photos for clarification.

Please Inspect Your Mustangs ASAP.

This is the feed line from the brake master cylinder to the clutch master cylinder. This is a quick disconnect fitting/line assembly. If any of you are familiar with Truck Air Brake Systems, Industrial Pneumatic Systems etc. you understand how these fittings work.

The fitting uses a locking ring (the very outer ring on the end) to lock the hose in position. Typically you push this lock ring in towards the hose to release it. (We are not doing that so please don't try it)

What we found tonight was the fitting was almost all the way off the stem of the master cylinder reservoir. I grabbed the hose and it immediately leaked brake fluid, so I pushed it on all the way and it is now locked in position as it should be.

This was verified by [MENTION=14941]apex15stangPP[/MENTION] who was kind enough to provide a picture (First Picture) before he pushed his back into position with the same result, fluid leaking out.

Why this is important to check:

1. If it falls off it will empty a large portion of your brake fluid.
2. If it leaks fluid out when you touch it that means that every time you press your clutch in you potentially could be drawing air into your clutch hydraulic circuit.

This will cause you to never fully bleed your clutch, the more you pump the more you are possibly bringing additional air into the system.

If you have shifting issues, either gear nibble or just really poor gear changes in general, this may be part of the cause. It may not be the MT82 directly.

If you have had a transmission or clutch failure it may be related to a poor release due to the air in the system as the root cause and the contingent damage is the clutch or transmission.

What you want to do:
1. Inspect it, if it looks like the second picture you should be good. Lightly (Everything is Plastic Hercules) pull on the line to see if it is locked into position. DO NOT USE EXCESSIVE FORCE

2. If you find yours looks similar to the first picture, simply grab the hose about 1" from the end and GENTLY push it back onto the stem of the master cylinder. It should look like the second picture. Now perform Step 1.

3. Have a bottle of water handy to rinse off the brake fluid that may leak out so it doesn't damage the paint etc.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this, don't. Bring it someplace (Ford perhaps) and have them check it/repair it.

What we don't know yet:

If they left the factory this way or heat/vibration have caused them to move. We don't know for certain if they are drawing in air and contributing to other issues. Apex and I both track our cars so there is a lot of heat and vibration present.

Please comment what you find and if you have had any clutch/transmission issues prior to this.
Clutch Line Not In Place.jpg
Clutch Line In Place.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, Checked mine and it was like the first picture. Pushed it in and zip tied it until I get the steeda stainless line.
Sponsored