Sponsored

***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Yes I just had my fix under warranty at 13000 miles. Just make sure it's leaking when you take it to the dealership because they have to actually see the problem in order to get a warranty repair if you know what I mean.
Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
so those knuckleheads at ford "fixed" mine but its the same damn tube. Its gonna fail again. Aftermarket mod needed on this one !

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
so those knuckleheads at ford "fixed" mine but its the same damn tube. Its gonna fail again. Aftermarket mod needed on this one !
I thought someone in this thread said there was a new part number for that hose? Maybe it was some other part. :shrug:

Traavis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Mine was the same. it seems to me that the line is a little too short, which is causing it to pull back. I could push mine up, but it would slide back some. I pulled back on it a little and it would always stop at the catch.

Seems like Ford could make a longer line and it would fix this issue. talking 1/2" at most.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great news, our team is currently investigating a fix for this - I will let you all know when our R & D is complete & if we can create a cost-effective solution.

TJ

HaximusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT-PP
Great news, our team is currently investigating a fix for this - I will let you all know when our R & D is complete & if we can create a cost-effective solution.

TJ
Might be a good idea to collect names of people to PM when this is ready. I'd be interested, but don't pay enough attention to the forums to notice a post when done :-/

Or maybe start a thread specific to this project that we can subscribe to?

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase

TJ
Might be a good idea to collect names of people to PM when this is ready. I'd be interested, but don't pay enough attention to the forums to notice a post when done :-/

Or maybe start a thread specific to this project that we can subscribe to?
That’s great news and yes maybe start a thread specific :headbang:

OP
OP
Optimum Performance

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP

TJ
Build a remote clutch reservoir solution as a longer line version.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Once I know more, we'll start a new thread & see if we can get 6G to feature it.

But like I said, we want to ensure we can meet expectations.

Best Regards,

TJ

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Just noticed this thread and checked mine.... wowzers it was out at least as far as your first photo if not farther :shocked:

Thanks for the heads-up!

BrandonB

Tinted Window Licker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Oxford 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Once I know more, we'll start a new thread & see if we can get 6G to feature it.

But like I said, we want to ensure we can meet expectations.

Best Regards,

TJ
I hope you guys come up with a solution sooner than later :(.

I can confirm this is STILL an issue for 2018. Mine was loose and leaking with less than 400 miles on the car. 12/17 Build 2018 GT. I performed the "Zip Tie maneuver" mentioned earlier in this thread.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I can confirm this is STILL an issue for 2018. Mine was loose and leaking with less than 400 miles on the car. 12/17 Build 2018 GT. I performed the "Zip Tie maneuver" mentioned earlier in this thread.
That's nuts ... doesn't Ford even hear about on-going issues like this? Are they all asleep at their desks?? Come on Ford ... wake up!! :doh:

SMJ540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Follow up.

After my discovery of the leak when under vacuum I decided I had enough of this hose. So I ordered the Tilton Brake and Clutch Fluid Hose 74-214 and decided to replace the entire hose all together. Also added two clamps. The clamps not absolutely necessary. The barbs on both the reservoir and clutch master cylinder gripped the hose very well.

I wanted to eliminate any chance of air getting in the system.
This is a nice idea, I found mine was loose and was slightly seeping. I don't trust the dealership to actually fix this properly and judging by other posts, they'll just put the same crappy line back on it.

Can you describe what you did when removing the line? It's my first time removing something like this.

Did you drain the brake reservoir first, and then remove the line with just something underneath to catch fluid? Or does it not drain without some kind of suction?

Did you have to bleed the clutch after wards?

Thanks!
Sponsored