UPR Plug Fail Cost 250.00 of Track Dust Plus Whole Day of Maintenance and Cleaning.

btcarmd

Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
Just asking, have you ever used safety wire before, bolt to bolt ?
Only on cars that had it from factory. Mostly brake caliper bolts on some foreign cars.

cmxPPL219

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Also Ford's, plastic drain plug is reinforced nylon, will not break down from heat cycling, become brittle .
+1 to what RR is saying about nylon.

People often refer to "plastic-looking" components on vehicles (oil pans, intake manifolds, chain tensioner guides, etc.) as "plastic" but they are actually composites and/or nylons, some being glass reinforced, which are much stronger than common plastics - many of which would not survive an application where the nylon or composites are used. Important distinction.

Rapid Red

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Only on cars that had it from factory. Mostly brake caliper bolts on some foreign cars.
That sounds right, then you must understand wrapping a wire around a fastener it not real effective .

btcarmd

Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
That sounds right, then you must understand wrapping a wire around a fastener it not real effective .
In order for that drain plug to back out the yellow side tabs have to expand to clear the oil pan tabs. Rapping the plug with safety wire or wire tie would prevent that from being possible. I am not saying it is necessary or that I am thinking about doing it. Just making a comment to those that were concerned. I am not.

Advertisement

19 - Diode Dynamics - 1
Advertisement