Sponsored

UPR Catch Can Owners share your installs here.

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
UPR kit for the Roush Super Charger; Overall it was a very nice install, the components all went where they should, very sturdy and nice heavy duty hardware (thumb screws and brackets).
20220227_192108.jpg
20220227_155748.jpg

Passenger side install
20220227_192112.jpg

Driver Side install- is that hose ok looped like that? It seems like it would be fine, the one thing I would say (and maybe I missed it, I have a tendency to skip reading directions completely), it would be nice if the hoses were marked on the kits like A/B/C/D A goes from separator top to blower, B goes from separator bottom to valve cover, etc.
20220227_161533.jpg

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Just installed my pass side catch can. Well sorta

why is the VC hose so freaking long?

It could stand to be a hair shorter , like 4-6”

4AAC2206-4CB0-4FE5-8FFB-66D091237455.jpeg

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Just installed my pass side catch can. Well sorta

why is the VC hose so freaking long?

It could stand to be a hair shorter , like 4-6”

4AAC2206-4CB0-4FE5-8FFB-66D091237455.jpeg
The hose is designed to be that long so it's not a straight shot and also allows for more volume before it enters the catch can which allows for better coalescing. The hose should run straight down and the curve at the fuse panel like an S shape to allow for the best oil control. A straight shot creates too much airspeed and the Ford engines allow for too much oil to be sucked out by the intake vacuum.

We continuously improve all the UPR Catch Can systems and absolute oil control is a must for the very best combustion and overall engine life and performance. The cleaner the combustion the more power and spark can be handled and it also gives the engine a better cushion or protection against detonation.

When you had as much R&D with tuners as we have the real-world results are so much different than people assume. Catch cans are not just a simple product to UPR as each fitting, hose, inlet, outlet, and diffuser system has been tweaked to allow for the highest airflow while delivering the best performance of any Catch Can/Oil Separator available.

The Best Quality and Value along with Maximum Oil Coalescing and Airflow is the core of UPR's Catch Can Performance. Hope this shed a bit more light on what you referring to with the extra hose length.

BTW, thank you for choosing UPR, and have the best day. Joe

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
I get all that and set it in there at an S, it just puts a lot of sideways pressure on the VC fitting, but it’s on and will watch it, as I’m. Ew to catch cans

Thanks for the info and quick reply

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
I read a lot about those catch cans. But never saw a video or direction about how to get the 5030 empty ? the 5028, seems to need to be unscrew ( my feeling ) but what about the 5030? And if someone ever added the drain line kit? Would it be easier to drain? In my understanding of that drain line, when you lift the car, you can open the drine line valve isn't it? so this drive line seems to be essential ?

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I read a lot about those catch cans. But never saw a video or direction about how to get the 5030 empty ? the 5028, seems to need to be unscrew ( my feeling ) but what about the 5030? And if someone ever added the drain line kit? Would it be easier to drain? In my understanding of that drain line, when you lift the car, you can open the drine line valve isn't it? so this drive line seems to be essential ?
The drain line kit is a much cleaner setup when you have the space to install it below the UPR catch can. The setup makes draining a lot easier and much less headache. You can mount the drain line kit remotely to easily access it by just reaching under the car and having a short drain pan. We offer a stainless drain valve with braided hose and nickel fittings.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Hello @UPRjoe
could you please explain what those options mean (highlighted)?
And could you explain (or anyone else) how to maintain/empty those cans? I prefer not to go under the car if possible.
Thank you in advance! :like:
upr.JPG

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
If you scroll down the listing, you'll see the options are explained in the listing, but here they are:

Upgrades: The Billet Pro Series check valve is a larger, higher flowing check valve than our standard check valve. It generally will increase the vacuum through the catch can and equate to better PCV evacuation. Better evacuation can translate to better MPG and low speed driveability. It also uses a precision-weighted ball to ensure quick response time and a proper seal.

The Stainless Steel magnetic drain plug would replace the drain plug on the bottom of the catch can with an allen head plug that has a magnet embedded into it. It will attract any ferrous metal material to it so the user can inspect it.

The high flow adjustable PCV is a Billet Aluminum PCV fitting eliminating the factory valve.

The adjustable Billet PCV fitting includes 4 different size jets. It eliminates the failure prone factory PCV and still allows for the needed restriction.

Replacement O rings are available to replace worn or lost O-rings.

To empty the catch can it is very simple. On the Roush kit, the catch can mounts have billet knobs that can be removed without tools. Then you just push the grey buttons on the fittings and slide the fitting off of the catch can. You can then walk away from the car with the catch can, unscrew the containment cup, and empty it with your used oil. We recommend cleaning the cup and any catch can components with warm water and dish soap. We do not recommend using solvents as they can attack the finish on the catch can.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Here is mine:
2EB203A0-88F8-481C-9D61-75DECA0AFAC6.jpeg

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you scroll down the listing, you'll see the options are explained in the listing, but here they are:
Thank you very much for the detailed reply!! :like:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This helped too

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tubes/hoses could use some labeling. Had to refit or realign the hoses and catch can after install to get the driver's side cover back on.
Passenger side
PXL_20220812_205015336.jpg

Driver side
PXL_20220812_205029351.jpg
Sponsored