Upgrading base radio to used premium radio

Clouded5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
Hey guys, just had a quick question I have been trying to figure out. I currently have a 2019 Mustang with just the 4 inch radio in mine, and have been looking at salvaged vehicles for a OEM premium radio. My question is if I am to buy a used radio, is there any programming or anything needed to be before/after installing? Or am I able to just install it and use it like normal. Thank you.
Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
You need to program it with Forscan. There is a big thread here with all the info, search for sync 3 swap, but note that a lot of the info in that thread is not relevant for the 2019+.

GBR-BLU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
You need to program it with Forscan. There is a big thread here with all the info, search for sync 3 swap, but note that a lot of the info in that thread is not relevant for the 2019+.
What if you are installing a 8” radio already programmed from a Shelby gt350 into A 4” gt mustang. All plugs are the same except
Black and grey display that need a jumper harness that is impossible to find

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Now that I don't know, people always get the parts from a premium ecoboost/gt I don't know if the one from a shelby will work.

GBR-BLU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
Now that I don't know, people always get the parts from a premium ecoboost/gt I don't know if the one from a shelby will work.
Good lord it takes a lot lol. Probably need to
Post this under its own thread for others as I never found what I needed until was done. what I bought was the following
Bestybuy 4” to 8” pnp conversion harness
Bingfu waterproof gps antenna
You also need usb hub if you want car play. HU5Z-19A387-A
Last but not least backup camera harness to plug into 4-8” loom harness.
Pain in ass but looks bad ass when the cobra comes up on screen.
Sponsored