Sponsored

Upgraded to power seats on base S550- surprising solution found!

Cmcski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 convertible mustang
Just guessing, because yours is a 'vert?
My passenger side is same as yours. I purchased mine used. It had power driver seat. Can't get airbag light off now. Checked connectors and fuses 19, 22 and 35 inside no problems there.
Sponsored

Cmcski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
My passenger side is same as yours. I purchased mine used. It had power driver seat. Can't get airbag light off now. Checked connectors and fuses 19, 22 and 35 inside no problems there.
I tapped a wire in kick panel to power passenger seat. I could not do the top fuses obviously. Wife likes being able to sit higher

carpy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I recently changed my seats to a darker brown actually, so the leather seat covers seen in the pictures in this topic are for sale.
Any chance you still have these for sale? I've been looking to upgrade my 18 GT to leather, just having pulled the trigger yet.

OP
OP
Brian_S550

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Any chance you still have these for sale? I've been looking to upgrade my 18 GT to leather, just having pulled the trigger yet.
Nope, they are long gone. Sold the whole set to a M6G member in Maine for his black GT.

Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'07 Lotus Elise, '16 Mazda MX-5
Just to add the info on my '17 V6 with manual seats and 050a equipment group.
The power wires ARE on the driver's side, NOT on the passenger side. The two fuses are under the hood as the OP stated. So unless I get a burst of energy, I will upgrade the driver side only, when I find the appropriate seat track. Picture is the passenger side W/O the power wires.
IMG_2549.jpg
IMG_2549.jpg
I'm having the same issue. I haven't checked my driver's side yet, but the passenger plug is missing the power cables :( Fuses were all there, so I did not expect this.

Did you figure out an easy way to add the missing wires?

OP
OP
Brian_S550

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
So from what you guys are saying, seems that base trim cars after 2015MY may be missing the extra wiring. Ford might have caught on to some cost savings from not including unused circuits in their harnesses.

Cmcski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I'm having the same issue. I haven't checked my driver's side yet, but the passenger plug is missing the power cables :( Fuses were all there, so I did not expect this.

Did you figure out an easy way to add the missing wires?
I found a constant hot wire in the passenger kick panel I tapped. O added a fuse and tan the wire along the existing harness. I had to splice it to the power seat harness. I also reset my airbag light with a scan tool. Looks like I did not have the occupant sensor fully plugged in. This caused the light to come on and would not reset without the scan tool.

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
i like what you did, using the extra hot line to feed power. I used the same idea to enable heated/cooled when I swapped my base seats to premium leather. All what the H/C module needs is power (+/-) and MS CAN (+/-) to tell it to power on, etc when you hit the buttons. (yes, I swapped my 4.2" with 8" Sync 3). The MS CAN (+/-) you can feed from either your FCIM (bezel) or APIM connectors. It worked for me.
By the way, the second (smaller size) connectors under the premium seats connects the driver seat to the H/C module under passenger seat. There is ONE clean harness you can run under carpet to connect these two smaller connectors. You need two pigtails (WPT-1279) and wires (18 gauge is fine) and the pinout is straight forward (pin 1 to pin 1 and so forth for all pins - except pins 11 and 14 are not used).
I still need to figure out the airbag light which illuminated when I hooked the passenger seat, and the driver seat wiring to cancel memory and make it move. More to come, but at least heated/cooled works now.
If I find the pinout for the base and premium connectors, I can figure out the airbag light, and driver seat movement.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Please make a build thread for H/C seat upgrade if you have the time.

Sponsored

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
Please make a build thread for H/C seat upgrade if you have the time.
I will, once I figure out the airbag light for passenger seat, and make the driver seat movable...
I did find other sources for MS CAN +/- at the seat connector, just need to test them and connect them. This will save me from running a long lines from the FCIM or APIM connectors.
I am getting a code for the passenger seat occupancy sensor, so probably just need to move pin around to align them. Before I test things, I want to find the pinout for seat connector base and premium. The ones I have are not specific...
Driver side already got hot and ground, and they both make it to the seat power switch, but nothing is happening. I need to think about how to cancel memory in the premium seat, and make it move. Shouldn't be difficult, but will take few days... not feeling my best these days...

nm_mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I will, once I figure out the airbag light for passenger seat, and make the driver seat movable...
I did find other sources for MS CAN +/- at the seat connector, just need to test them and connect them. This will save me from running a long lines from the FCIM or APIM connectors.
I am getting a code for the passenger seat occupancy sensor, so probably just need to move pin around to align them. Before I test things, I want to find the pinout for seat connector base and premium. The ones I have are not specific...
Driver side already got hot and ground, and they both make it to the seat power switch, but nothing is happening. I need to think about how to cancel memory in the premium seat, and make it move. Shouldn't be difficult, but will take few days... not feeling my best these days...
Were you able to figure out how to clear the airbag light and the occupancy sensor error? I'm thinking about replacing my cloth seats with OEM heated and cooled leather seats, just worried about airbag errors. Hoping Forscan can do the job.

Cmcski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Were you able to figure out how to clear the airbag light and the occupancy sensor error? I'm thinking about replacing my cloth seats with OEM heated and cooled leather seats, just worried about airbag errors. Hoping Forscan can do the job.
I had to purchase a scan tool. I got an Autel maxilink model ml619 to clear the codes

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
I did. I switched the sensor pad from the original seat to the premium seat, and the light went off. I think it was a compatibility issue, because part numbers were different. It's not as difficult to take off the seat base cover as you would think.
Sponsored