Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I'm starting to get build up stuff I need for a forced induction build.

I'm curious how many people have upgraded clutches in their 10r80s and how they're holding up?

I plan on getting putting in a TC at the same time as doing the clutches, no sense in pulling the transmission twice. I'm leaning to the N/A converter as it seems it stalls to around 3400/3500 and would be well suited for n/a and forced induction builds.

I see there's a few different clutch kits out there now too. Are they all the same, since they're all sourced from Raybestos?

I've not narrowed down if I want to go centri or turbo. I'm still leaning towards centri for ease of installation and maintenance. It would be nice if on3s top mount had comp turbos.
Sponsored

Drsmith33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I have the McLeod clutches and circle d (forced induction) converter. Car has help up so far at 900whp but I’ve spoken with Beefcake and finish line performance and they said they are on their 4th set in his car. Brian over at finish line performance told me max hp for these clutches are in the 900-950 range. So far, so good.

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I have the McLeod clutches and circle d (forced induction) converter. Car has help up so far at 900whp but I’ve spoken with Beefcake and finish line performance and they said they are on their 4th set in his car. Brian over at finish line performance told me max hp for these clutches are in the 900-950 range. So far, so good.

Aren't they pushing well over that?

I plan on doing a larger cooler too. Hopefully keep the heat down more.

Drsmith33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Yes, Beefcake’s car is somewhere in the 1050whp-1100whp range

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
We have the Mcleod clutches/steels and a Circle D in our car, we have not had any issues as of yet and we are 1000+ whp. I would recommend upgrading both especially if the car see's track time. Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
We have the Mcleod clutches/steels and a Circle D in our car, we have not had any issues as of yet and we are 1000+ whp. I would recommend upgrading both especially if the car see's track time. Feel free to reach out with any other questions.
What power adder and converter?

Sponsored

Fuzzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT,2014 Flex,97 SS
What fluid did you go with?

Skyrm_da

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
They are doing my install in late February. I can’t wait.

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
Im looking into getting mine rebuilt as well, but from what i can tell it looks like some other shops have some magic they are doing to get more clutches and steels and maybe some other mods. Just don't seem like they are really talking about it or putting it out to the public yet. LPF and another place i cant think of, but they seem to be far ahead of everyone else. One of the LPF cars went like 8.1 with a stock torque converter, which seems nuts.

Old5.Oguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto
I’m putting down 610 to the wheels with a Roush SC setup. I’m guessing the stock trans is up to task for that type of power? I don’t track the car, it’s a weekend driver. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored