Sponsored

Upgrade to 6 piston Brembo or just get better pads?

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is it necessary to change the Master Brake Cylinder when going from the 4 pistons to the 6? And yeah, those prices in Europe are ridiculous.
Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Is it necessary to change the Master Brake Cylinder when going from the 4 pistons to the 6? And yeah, those prices in Europe are ridiculous.
they are we pay 20% added value task as well as 10% customs and the shipping is 10$ a kilo or so which mean that this parts are super expensive ... That's why I always complain. Though you are doing the same with Suspension so for example is cheaper for me to but something like JRZ or Ohlins for the car as they are local in Europe.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
For example I'm waiting on GLoc R10/R8 pads from states+Jacking Rails+Stainless steel break lines invoice value of parts 967$ and I will pay 400$ in taxes and shipping from States. CJPonyparts ship to Europe though as well.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Sponsored

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Getting the calipers and hardware locally is indeed way too expensive. I have looked at some US vendors and I'm able to get the Brembo's for 250$ each. Add some needed hardware, new rubber brake hoses, splash shields, a set of Powerstop z26 pads + a set of Powerstop track day pads for all 4, and I'm at a total of +-1000$. I will have everything delivered to a MyUS address and shipping via UPS is 300$. I'm expecting to pay around €300-400 duty + tax.

I will get the rotors locally because they would cost way too much to ship. For about €300 I can get Zimmermann blank rotors front + rear. Zimmermann is one of the few brands that still manufactures their rotors in Germany and most of their products are designed with track usage in mind. https://www.otto-zimmermann.de/en/

So in total it would cost around €2000 to do the upgrade, which isn't too bad if I'm doing the install myself. A complete brake job for the 4 piston calipers at the dealer would cost around the same in parts and workhours.

I don't think I need to swap the master cylinder, because the Ford performance brembo kit doesn't come with one either. Not sure what to do in terms of cooling though.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
This is for the 2018+ cars with a PP undertray that directs air onto the deflector kit. A 2018 undertray wouldn't fit my 2017 Mustang so I don't think this kit is an option for me.
This is for any car, you just have to choose the right option. 15+. It does help if you have the belly pan of a PP car.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
This is for the 2018+ cars with a PP undertray that directs air onto the deflector kit. A 2018 undertray wouldn't fit my 2017 Mustang so I don't think this kit is an option for me.
No, but the 15-17 PP undertray would fit and work with those deflectors.

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
No, but the 15-17 PP undertray would fit and work with those deflectors.
This is for any car, you just have to choose the right option. 15+. It does help if you have the belly pan of a PP car.
But without a belly pan with brake ducts it won't do much right? Not sure if the 15-17 PP undertray would fit my PP Ecoboost since the GT front splitter is larger too. And do those undertrays have brake ducts like the 18+?

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
But without a belly pan with brake ducts it won't do much right? Not sure if the 15-17 PP undertray would fit my PP Ecoboost since the GT front splitter is larger too. And do those undertrays have brake ducts like the 18+?
will it do much? not sure

I see what you are saying about the underlying tray but I've never looked at EB splitter to know. I think its just the number of holes that have to be drilled to match up with the under tray but not sure.

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
will it do much? not sure

I see what you are saying about the underlying tray but I've never looked at EB splitter to know. I think its just the number of holes that have to be drilled to match up with the under tray but not sure.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt-pp-splitter-and-belly-pan-install.54829/

Looks like it is possible to fit the GT PP undertray with some minor modifications. This might be a better option than running a brake hose., thanks for bringing it up.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You would have to upgrade the whole bottom plastic parts, including the PP splitter and a few other small pieces.

The EB and GT SHARE the same chassis so it's a matter of swapping out all the GTPP parts onto yours

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
does the pic above not illustrate sufficiently?
if you want to stick with the 4-pots, you just need rotors that have vents on the inside. There are a couple of options but I don't remember which they are off the top of my head. Most (all?) of the 2-piece solutions though have the correct cooling, but of course are a bit spendy.
Steeda and Baer both have options.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Has anyone run the Baer's hard enough to discolor them. I'm wondering about their durability when pushed hard and heated. Although they are two piece, they are not floating rotors. I'm concerned about differing rates of thermal expansion between the aluminum hats and steel rotors.
Sponsored