FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I've never bought a premade and loaded sub.
The box in my other car that is in trunk but fires at rear seat
has 2)12" JL subs they were pricey in 2003 don't remember the model # though but they were 600 each back then.
And 2) 8" rockford fosgate mid bass drivers. To say it was and is overkill, is putting it lightly.
Apparently w6v3 line is gone entirely. I was actually looking to upgrade my JL Stealthbox from 10w3v3 to 10w6v3 just need a one inch spacer to make clearance.

it would handle more power and sound a hair better, less spl though.
but damn things aren’t even around now apparently from my quick googling.

I am betting it’s something to do with supply chain.

also, JL prices skyrocketed, the JL amp I paid 200 for is now 290 before tax, the 10w6v3 used to be 500, it’s listed 750 msrp now.

damn COVID and inflation. I kept my amp, definitely just keeping it now.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Apparently w6v3 line is gone entirely. I was actually looking to upgrade my JL Stealthbox from 10w3v3 to 10w6v3 just need a one inch spacer to make clearance.

it would handle more power and sound a hair better, less spl though.
but damn things aren’t even around now apparently from my quick googling.

I am betting it’s something to do with supply chain.

also, JL prices skyrocketed, the JL amp I paid 200 for is now 290 before tax, the 10w6v3 used to be 500, it’s listed 750 msrp now.

damn COVID and inflation. I kept my amp, definitely just keeping it now.
lol. my mono block JL AMP WAS 999.00 IN 2002.
aH, THOSE WERE THE DAYS. Spending stupid money without a care in the world. then 2008 happened. I don't ever think I could spend that type cash on an amp today. the mindset changed. I think high end car audio is on death row as far as aftermarket stuff for late model vehicles.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
lol. my mono block JL AMP WAS 999.00 IN 2002.
aH, THOSE WERE THE DAYS. Spending stupid money without a care in the world. then 2008 happened. I don't ever think I could spend that type cash on an amp today. the mindset changed. I think high end car audio is on death row as far as aftermarket stuff for late model vehicles.
I dont really know how electric vehicles will tolerate high drain amps and speakers. May also see them dying off due for this

OP
OP
theruleslawyer

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I dont really know how electric vehicles will tolerate high drain amps and speakers. May also see them dying off due for this
Unless its a spl competition car i think it’s trivial. After all they run ac/heat on battery too and that doesn’t drastically impact range.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I have had tinnitus for 40 years, it is no fun, kinda numb to it now, earbuds make it seem louder after you are done using them.
I don't play the music loud most of the time, but some songs just ,make me do it.. hehe.
I'm just glad I can get the sound out of my Guitar gear at a normal volume, that used to take overdriving the crap out of the gear and playing it loud to get. Off topic but my biggest issue now, is winter time and fingers tips cracking, and playing, the bleeding and pain.
The ringing doesn't get better brother, you'll learn to get used to it, and not even notice it much. till you move the wrong way and get a spike in ringing/whitenoise . Stay away from ear buds. they make it 100% worse after you remove them.
Ever since getting the covid vaccine I’ve developed some pretty bad arthritis or something in both my index fingers first knuckles that hurt to play and I can’t play as fast anymore. Either it was sheer coincidence or it’s inflammation from the vaccine, who knows. So yeah i know the pain you mean. But luckily somehow it doesn’t hurt my right hand when I’m playing bass, as I play with my fingers. Playing with pick hurts it more. Very odd.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yes JL Audio quit making them. I didn't realize it until searching for one for a buddy. The price went up a couple hundred on the HO one and dang the amp prices increased big time....but these are the times when everything is more expensive. I had planned to buy a couple of VXi amps over a year ago but wasn't ready to use them, so didn't buy.......I wish I would have.

Is ot really discontinued? Holy crap I shouldn’t of sold

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
For those that say the B&O is fine, that is true.....but there are those of us that want a better audio system just because; lol, same as strapping a supercharger or turbo on the "fine" motor in the GT.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They'll goto digital amps with digital power supplies. and if they are anything like the home audio stuff they will sound like crap, but then again the generation that ev's will be marketed toward only know audio from a i pod or phone streamed compressed music files played through ear buds or those crapstar small bluetooth speakers.
So they might not even notice.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ever since getting the covid vaccine I’ve developed some pretty bad arthritis or something in both my index fingers first knuckles that hurt to play and I can’t play as fast anymore. Either it was sheer coincidence or it’s inflammation from the vaccine, who knows. So yeah i know the pain you mean. But luckily somehow it doesn’t hurt my right hand when I’m playing bass, as I play with my fingers. Playing with pick hurts it more. Very odd.
I can still play Yngwie Malmsteen fast. but not at first, have to warm up to it, part of getting old. If I try right out of the box, I can play it, it is just messy and loose and that is everything Yngwie Malmsteen playing was not.
Deep Purple/ Richie Blackmore is hard on the dry cracked finger tips.

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
The 9 speaker B&O system is standard in the 5.0 in Australia and i can personally say i rate it highly.

Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
to me, either is fine,. 9 speaker + eq disabled + aftermarket subwoofer = great/better sound and cheaper than 1500 imo.
I did this recently. Have a 9 speaker. Disconnected factory tweeters, and replaced only the door mids to Hertz 3.5" DCX 87.3 speakers with 600Hz bass blockers.

That was $100 (CDN).

I then added a 10" Pioneer Champion sub (over kill) with D-class amp (I believe that was $600 CDN for sub, amp and box).

For a total of $700 plus $60 for a wiring kit, the system sounds like one of the best I have ever heard. It is quite amazing and I have not done the equalizer setting in forscan yet.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
The 9 speaker B&O system is standard in the 5.0 in Australia and i can personally say i rate it highly.

The 9 speaker system in the US isn't the B&O, the B&O here in the US is a 12 speaker system. It adds the subwoofer and coax speakers in the rear for a total of 12. In Austrailis the B&O doesn't have a subwoofer?

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I find the B&O to be a very good Harman/Kardon system.(never my fave home brand). I like it very much and find it more than adequate for my needs.

I do not think it lives up to the B&O brand name.

When I hear the name Bang & Olufsen for cars, I am thinking the Mercedes Burmeister or the Mark Levinson systems.

But hey, it's a Ford. Best Ford system I have ever had.

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
The 9 speaker system in the US isn't the B&O, the B&O here in the US is a 12 speaker system. It adds the subwoofer and coax speakers in the rear for a total of 12. In Austrailis the B&O doesn't have a subwoofer?
Yes the subwoofers in the boot (trunk).
Sponsored