Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
None in Chicago. Miami, Las Vegas for sure, and a few other warm places. Rates will be $99 a day for the GT-H, and $399 a day for the GT500-H.
The Mustang Shelby GT500-H will be available in Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix and Tampa. The Mustang Shelby GT-H convertibles and fastbacks will be available in Atlanta, Dallas, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco and Tampa.
Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I just saw an original this morning for sale at the local classics dealer. Pretty cool, never saw one in person before.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Instead of Shelby Logos everywhere now its Hertz wheel caps and caliper logos etc.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I wouldn't rent anything from Hertz. Now they have a major class action against them for reporting cars stolen by mistake or failing to retract reports when an overdue customer finally returns one. Rent from Hertz, visit nearest jails.
Their other game is to pin a $400 smoking fee on you after you drop off the car. It happened to me (I do not now nor have I ever smoked). They just apply it to your card without authorization. I had to jump through all sort of hoops to get it cleared.

I did a lot of business travel and always had great experiences with Hertz in the past, not anymore. I will never, ever rent from them again.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Yes, plus you reserve a certain car or vehicle and pre-pay….and it’s not what you get at the counter. I’m finding Avis is much better.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Their other game is to pin a $400 smoking fee on you after you drop off the car. It happened to me (I do not now nor have I ever smoked). They just apply it to your card without authorization. I had to jump through all sort of hoops to get it cleared.

I did a lot of business travel and always had great experiences with Hertz in the past, not anymore. I will never, ever rent from them again.
Please tell me you checked the ashtray before accepting the car. If it was empty then the issue was with the person you checked you in. They most have smelled what they though was cigarette/cigar smoke and put that on the report.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Please tell me you checked the ashtray before accepting the car. If it was empty then the issue was with the person you checked you in. They most have smelled what they though was cigarette/cigar smoke and put that on the report.
We did check the car thoroughly. In fact, I rejected the first car they offered me because it did smell of smoke and I just didn't want to be in it. This has become another one of the games Hertz has started playing, and there are numerous complaints from people about it. They just hit your credit card after they accept the return and give you a receipt.

I jumped on it as soon as the charge showed up with phone calls, e-mails, social media postings, and even a written letter of complaint. I was prepared to contact the AG in Florida (where I rented the car) as my next step, but they did finally refund me. Took about two weeks.

I will never rent from them again though!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
We did check the car thoroughly. In fact, I rejected the first car they offered me because it did smell of smoke and I just didn't want to be in it. This has become another one of the games Hertz has started playing, and there are numerous complaints from people about it. They just hit your credit card after they accept the return and give you a receipt.

I jumped on it as soon as the charge showed up with phone calls, e-mails, social media postings, and even a written letter of complaint. I was prepared to contact the AG in Florida (where I rented the car) as my next step, but they did finally refund me. Took about two weeks.

I will never rent from them again though!
I hear you. Man, that sucks.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I had reserved a Mustang GT from Budget and then had to spend over 20 minutes convincing them that, no, I wouldn't take a Challenger. I did end up with a brand new noo-mileage GT, but it was a battle that shouldn't have had to happen.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
That hood is amazing. Love the GT500-H but I do think more effort should have gone into the GT-H convertibles. Nothing wrong with it, but there should have been more appearance differences than regular GT models like some GT350 styled front fenders, front bumper and at least those fake door vent scoops that most newer GTs get. Seems kind of neutered to me for being a Shelby.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I had reserved a Mustang GT from Budget and then had to spend over 20 minutes convincing them that, no, I wouldn't take a Challenger. I did end up with a brand new noo-mileage GT, but it was a battle that shouldn't have had to happen.
Story of my vacation life as well.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
he Mustang Shelby GT500-H will be available in Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix and Tampa.
All with drag strips VERY near by. Just sayin'. And a couple of them have road-courses too. If you can time the rental with a private track day, even better. And seriously, the penalty is not being able to rent from Hertz again? Isn't that a reward?

Anyone very familiar with the harness can probably find the GPS data-logger/telemetry device and defeat it quickly. If nothing else, look for extra fuses that aren't in the stock car, and run a 3G/4G cell jammer.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a40721272/2022-hertz-ford-shelby-mustang-gt500-h-drive/

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly this. This new GT-H is a true disappointment if you compare it to the 2019 GT-H that they did which did have the Shelby specific front bumper. I also really don't get why they don't put gold colored wheels on it. Those two things (together with the dipped hood) are what made that car look soooo sharp. Now it's just a dolled up GT. I mean just look at the difference...

2019 GT-H:
shelby-gt-ford-mustang-gt (20).jpg

2022 GT-H:
_JL90352.jpg

I also noticed more cost cutting..... They also retained the stock side skirts as well.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302