Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I guess that is why Sixt took advantage that time around?
The Sixt car was the GT-S. I believe the Heritage was just an add-on to the normal Shelby GT you could buy.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The Sixt car was the GT-S. I believe the Heritage was just an add-on to the normal Shelby GT you could buy.
Yes but the gt-s was exact same car as the gt-h same body, wheels, badging etc. Only exception was fender badge and wheel color strip combos. you could option a gt-h to match the sixt gt-s

https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/Shelby-GT-2019

I could never find any Shelby GT from 18-20 that had "Shelby GT" on the stripe, all the examples I see have "GT-H" tacked on it aside from the GT-S.

Now the 2021 does finally go back to "GT" on the strip but cut down options and kept the factory bumper to offer lower price.

https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/Shelby-GT-2021

Last edited:

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Yes but the gt-s was exact same car as the gt-h same body, wheels, badging etc. Only exception was fender badge and wheel color strip combos. The specific optioning on gt-h could match the gt-s
The Sixt car was supercharged, the GT and GT-H were not. You could add a supercharger to the GT (and I would assume the GT-H?), but I dont believe they were the same supercharger. So yes, besides there differences, they were the exact same car.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The Sixt car was supercharged, the GT and GT-H were not. You could add a supercharger to the GT (and I would assume the GT-H?), but I dont believe they were the same supercharger. So yes, besides there differences, they were the exact same car.
Gt-h
Yeah gt-h could be optioned with a FP/Roush supercharger and also add the shelby heavy duty package while the gt-s had the Edelbrock supercharger

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I wouldn't rent anything from Hertz. Now they have a major class action against them for reporting cars stolen by mistake or failing to retract reports when an overdue customer finally returns one. Rent from Hertz, visit nearest jails.
But do you pass GO and do you get to collect $200?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I wouldn't rent anything from Hertz. Now they have a major class action against them for reporting cars stolen by mistake or failing to retract reports when an overdue customer finally returns one. Rent from Hertz, visit nearest jails.
All rental companies. They're a scam.

They'll rent out damaged cars, and then try to get you for the damages.

I had an Enterprise car that had been in very serious accident, and been repaired poorly. They just didn't bother fixing the rocker panel on the driver's side, and I had to cuss and fight, pull the Carfax and everything, to show the car had been trashed in an accident. Different tires all around......over-spray, a complete mess.

They probably got the next person who rented the car.

Sponsored

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1

I had an Enterprise car that had been in very serious accident, and been repaired poorly. They just didn't bother fixing the rocker panel on the driver's side, and I had to cuss and fight, pull the Carfax and everything, to show the car had been trashed in an accident. Different tires all around......over-spray, a complete mess.

Especially Hertz. They are a garbage of a company.

I wouldn't step within 10 feet of whatever car this is...they will probably send you to damages collection just for looking at it.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Especially Hertz. They are a garbage of a company.

I wouldn't step within 10 feet of whatever car this is...they will probably send you to damages collection just for looking at it.

When I picked up the car in question, it was pouring rain and the car was parked really close to another car, so you couldn't stand back far enough to see the rocker panel.

I do diligent walk-arounds, and they still almost got me.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302

That's why the last car I rented was through Turo. Of course Hertz didn't have a Mustang to rent, so I ended up with a '13 GT500 convertible...tuned...with Nitto 555Rs on the rear...seriously!

dtheo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Buyer
So it has an aftermarket hood we can all get, never liked the Hertz, cheapens the brand IMO......
Sponsored