Sponsored

[Updated]: 11.0@128 so far for GT500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
For instance at the strip, you had zero opportunity to play with any of the settings.
so what's the point in having more than say 6 opinions? Which are all going to say basically the same thing? 50+ different "influencers" all subjected to the same conditions aren't going to come up with anything distinctive. It's nice of Ford to not limit commentary to the bought and paid for magazines who dare not opine too strongly in the negative lest their marketing bookings take a hard left turn, but what's the point of perfunctory reviews?
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
For everyone that is saying people should’ve done this and done that etc, you have to understand this was a very controlled environment. At least the last two days.

I believe the larger media outlets that went first had more flexibility earlier in the tour. There were things that changed after a couple days when the big outlets left.

For instance at the strip, you had zero opportunity to play with any of the settings. The cars were running the whole time so the setting didn’t reset. It was a couple runs, get out, next person gets in and goes again. You had to use LC. You had to do this and that etc. no flex.

Here’s the cool thing. Tomorrow we get to hear everyone’s opinions and we’re lucky enough to have a few people here that can chime in as well.
Your absolutely right. And I was just trying to point out. That once the cars reach the hands of hardened racers. And all the usual drag racer tricks are applied. The ETs will plummet. It’s obvious that Ford wasn’t concerned about posting a killer time at this event. And it’s nice that they let buyers have a good time.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
so what's the point in having more than say 6 opinions? Which are all going to say basically the same thing? 50+ different "influencers" all subjected to the same conditions aren't going to come up with anything distinctive. It's nice of Ford to not limit commentary to the bought and paid for magazines who dare not opine too strongly in the negative lest their marketing bookings take a hard left turn, but what's the point of perfunctory reviews?
They didn’t have to invite anyone.

Tomorrow you’ll get a good mix of reviews from people that got to do more with the car, and some that did less. You’ll get to hear from a variety of people with different levels of expertise and knowledge which will allow you to form your own conclusions till you get to drive one and form your own. Until then it’s all conjecture anyway, but it’s better to have some info then none. I think we can all agree on that.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
My guess is to have a base control setting so as to measure outcomes with the same base settings.....

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Per Tremec themselves- NO CALIBRATION DIFFERENCES between cftp and base
That's good to know as there really shouldn't be. I "assume" that anyways as they have the same powerplant.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Not to mention we have @BillyJRacing here. He helped develop the car for crying out loud. Having him be able to chime in on the specifics and provide real answers, not edumacated guesses, is priceless.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Yeah, we each had 3 runs on the drag strip (less than 5 minutes stopped and idling between runs) and as soon as we got out of the car, they put someone else right back in it. Pretty sure it went like that all afternoon.
For everyone that is saying people should’ve done this and done that etc, you have to understand this was a very controlled environment. At least the last two days.

I believe the larger media outlets that went first had more flexibility earlier in the tour. There were things that changed after a couple days when the big outlets left.

For instance at the strip, you had zero opportunity to play with any of the settings. The cars were running the whole time so the setting didn’t reset. It was a couple runs, get out, next person gets in and goes again. You had to use LC. You had to do this and that etc. no flex.

Here’s the cool thing. Tomorrow we get to hear everyone’s opinions and we’re lucky enough to have a few people here that can chime in as well.
I concur with everyone abive, heading to drag portion now. Extremely controlled, was told we will only get 2 passes

Ill report back soon.

** those who are allowed to speak on the car this far, BillyJ and Vaughn, have spoken the truth, thats all i think i can say thus far

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Here’s some footage to enjoy the sights and sounds. Yeah I know I filmed it vertical - it’s for the gram. Ha

turn it up loud

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s some footage to enjoy the sights and sounds. Yeah I know I filmed it vertical - it’s for the gram. Ha

turn it up loud

That DCT is very un-DCT-like based on the shift speeds via the sound... I'm actually pretty surprised. Much more 6R80 than PDK. Maybe that angle/video isn't doing it justice. Looking forward to tomorrow.