Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Anyone see the Stangmode livestream?

It sounds like 760hp was a placeholder.

I’m expecting something higher to be released Tuesday.

Edit: was just said that ford started the HP wars in 2013 and will finish them now.

800hp +?
I got to watch about 1/2 of it and specifically asked him if he beat 11.0 in the 1/4 and he said, “yes, we’ll tell you all about it Tuesday morning when the embargo is lifted”.

I missed the reference to the HP. Very interesting.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I feel bad for all of us, this is literally what we have come to in the world gone are they days when we can have a debate and respect each other’s opinions even though we may not totally agree with them. We have always wanted our kids and grandkids to grow up in a world that is just a little better then the one we grew up in, I’m afraid those days are gone so sad. The GT500 is and will be an amazing car that the people that buy one will enjoy beyond expectations. The people that are not impressed will not buy one and I hope they find something that truly excites them to drive and enjoy it. Mine will be here in a couple weeks and have tried to stick around to share my opinion on it when I got it but I’m not sure I can stick it out, reading the attacks on people and cars is just really depresses me
Life on the forums...... if the trolls didn't come in here and start a bunch of crap, there wouldn't be a problem. I agree, it is a shame, but a fact of life. The reprisals are a defense against those that do not come here in good faith as automotive enthusiasts. This thread is an example. Many of the posts were deleted, but it is just an attempt to start a bunch of discord and controversy. I have no issue in giving it back to people with that kind of intent.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Dodge is catching the Mustang in sales via a fantastic marketing scheme and keeping an old platform fresh, GM and Ford could learn some lessons
I really dont get it, I guess Americans like driving boats. I will agree it's a comfier and roomier ride. It's also weird how it does better mpg than a mustang. My 13 when I had it the best I could do is 15mpg. My viper the best I could do is low 15mpg and usually 13-14mpg.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Anyone see the Stangmode livestream?

It sounds like 760hp was a placeholder.

I’m expecting something higher to be released Tuesday.

Edit: was just said that ford started the HP wars in 2013 and will finish them now.

800hp +?
That video is another lame controlled display press conference.

Give the damn car to the media and automotive magazine journalists for some metered testing!!!!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Figured I'd chime in here about the times. I was at the launch and am under embargo for performance numbers and driving impressions until Tuesday at 6am EDT. I'm not sure what day those leaked times were from but I can say that when I was running it down the drag strip on Thursday, we had 30 mph headwinds...so don't get upset about the times you've seen so far.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
StangMode just said the GT500 will kill a Hellcat Redeye.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Time for the trolls to go back under the bridge. Hopefully the moderators will come clean house.

You don’t have to be a Ford enthusiast to be here, but for Christ sakes if you aren’t bringing useful content, get out. For the record, some of the trolls here are mustang owners.

I would like to think Tuesday will bring a stop to this, but my money says it will get worse.

I miss when loud mouths were handled properly. You know, before the world created keyboard warriors.

Last edited:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Also StangMode has the fastest 1/4 mile pass so far.

Yep, it’s about to get real.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
StangMode just said the GT500 will kill a Hellcat Redeye.
Correct.

Im getting more serious about this car. I didn’t want one at all last year.

I’m starting to change my mind. If I see an ‘8’ in the horsepower and a 10.6@130, I might be there. Christ it’s gonna bankrupt me lol.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Let's not forget ladies and gentlemen,............this is a stock car. I'm sure a lot of stock cars aren't running high 10's in the quarter mile.
Add in a smaller pulley, some nice drag wheels/tires all tuned on E85 and watch it go!!!!

giphy.gif

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Chill & Voodoo, you both have direct lines to Stangmode, we know he gave you numbers. Just tell the group did he beat 10.5.
Also not surprised hes the days fastest, the dude can drive a car in the 1/4.
Sponsored