[Updated]: 11.0@128 so far for GT500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
The cars were also never shut off and would go up the strip, come back to wait in the queue, do more burnouts, go up the strip, return to the queue, etc. And nothing broke.
This! I think this is what is most impressive about this car. These cars were beat on for days, nearly non stop, without issue. What a testament to Ford engineers and is probably why it took Ford so long. Ford wanted (needed) to get this thing right, and they not only hit a home run, but from the sound of it...hit a game winning grand slam!
Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I know this will sound like "get off my lawn", but this whole thing with Youtubers getting to test cars really annoys me.

First and foremost, because I wasn't invited.

In any case, I believe Ford would have been better served if they had just let Evan's review come out on Tuesday. I don't really give a rat's ass what a Youtuber thinks, or their 1/4 mile time. Give me the results of someone qualified driving the car.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
After watching some of the vids, these cars are outstanding. Left idling in the Vegas heat....being beat on....and I do mean beat on.....I was cringing at some of the burn outs and then coming to a FULL Stop....yikes !

Have to say Stangmode and his buddy adjusted well. 10.9 and 10.8 in those conditions are impressive. What I do not see others speaking on are the DA corrections.....Hmmm

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
What I do not see others speaking on are the DA corrections
probably because the math is grossly imprecise. What matters are the measured results and the corresponding DA value at time of run. Trying to make comparisons across different events and different atmospherics is pointless.

A car that even virgins can repeatedly coax into 11.2 is incredible.

The days of the professional drag racers (who have skillz) is over. It's now all up to Ford powertrain programmers. I knew us software-types would eventually rule the world. They said the "meek" would... I have my algorithm, hear me roar! /sarc

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Can't wait to see the results of the first guys running with E85/pulley/tune/DRs.....

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I think what people need to keep in mind here is that this 'Media Drive' took place over the course of a week that saw temperature swings of 20 even 30 degrees. On top of that 'prep' was done maybe a handful of times throughout each day and I use that term extremely loosely and if you weren't one of the first cars to go immediately after said 'prep' it was like launching on the street. All while the cars were hot lapped like rented mule without being shut off.

All of this and the car remained REMARKABLY consistent day to day with strip times varying less than .4-.5 seconds over the course of the week. That is the big story here- this car and its engineering and cooling capabilities are really something special and Ford deserves all of the credit in the world for that along with making a 760HP car easy enough for a toddler to drive. Hats off to the blue oval on this one- they really knocked it out of the park.
In addition to all that, i believe vegas was chosen since 1- has both roadcourse and dragstrip 2-very little chance for rain; nothing is worse than planning something like this and being rained out

probably because the math is grossly imprecise. What matters are the measured results and the corresponding DA value at time of run. Trying to make comparisons across different events and different atmospherics is pointless.

A car that even virgins can repeatedly coax into 11.2 is incredible.

The days of the professional drag racers (who have skillz) is over. It's now all up to Ford powertrain programmers. I knew us software-types would eventually rule the world. They said the "meek" would... I have my algorithm, hear me roar! /sarc
DA calculators are no different then SAE dynojet corrected #s

Can't wait to see the results of the first guys running with E85/pulley/tune/DRs.....
If they build it, ill run it

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
After watching some of the vids, these cars are outstanding. Left idling in the Vegas heat....being beat on....and I do mean beat on.....I was cringing at some of the burn outs and then coming to a FULL Stop....yikes !

Have to say Stangmode and his buddy adjusted well. 10.9 and 10.8 in those conditions are impressive. What I do not see others speaking on are the DA corrections.....Hmmm
What happened to being back in the shadows? Lol

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh I only go there when I do not want to engage in things that really just don't make sense. Sort of like the conversation Camaro6 is going with Blaqhole or (however you spell it) is spouting some of the most whimsical nonsense I have ever read about a car release. It's truly fascinating how he turn facts into things in his mind another way. Or how he just basically ignore's them and hand pick ones (that are outdated or outright incorrect) to support his arguments. Over there I would never come out !

Moving on, it would seem stage 1 of the launch is successful. Now for some track times.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Ahh I only go there when I do not want to engage in things that really just don't make sense. Sort of like the conversation Camaro6 is going with Blaqhole or (however you spell it) is spouting some of the most whimsical nonsense I have ever read about a car release. It's truly fascinating how he turn facts into things in his mind another way. Or how he just basically ignore's them and hand pick ones (that are outdated or outright incorrect) to support his arguments. Over there I would never come out !

Moving on, it would seem stage 1 of the launch is successful. Now for some track times.
I dont know who blaqhole is, but have seen you guys compain about him. At least he is better than thepill. That guy was in every forum just pulling crap out of his ass and claiming to be a ford insider.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol the Pill. Well I can say that he did have style though...In a Joker kind of way. Also every now again.................he did have some things right. Every now and again.

jcartwright734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dream car
I find it comical that a person who has never been on a dragstrip before, can knock out an 11.331 in this car. Yet some are taking it like that will be the norm. (See jalopnik).

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I know its not in Vegas, but 10.61 is pretty damn quick for a stock GT500 in Florida.