Sponsored

[Updated]: 11.0@128 so far for GT500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ill bet you evan will do better without it.
How much you want to bet? ;) I accept Paypal/Venmo.

Did you run on and then off to compare how well it worked for you?
Based on my conversations with people more knowledgeable than me on the subject, I didn't even bother given my limited time in the car. Plus they were hawkish about leaving traction control on which would almost negate the whole thing.

IMO with Street tires you are likely not going to 'out do' the computer, now with Drag Radials....that is a different story. Talking about 1/4 drag racing only.
I definitely agree. Although it will be interesting since there is no torque converter, building RPM using the 'conventional' method on the launch isn't as feasible and your clutches will hate you for it.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
...did they instrument the shift points (data-log, sound record etc) to actually prove a difference? Or are they just going off of highly inaccurate sensory perception?
I'm in no way defending what they (Mamba, etc) reported. There is no specificity. I'm happy to hear that the two cars have the same calibration.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
re: different DCT cals

I was going to suggest there were inconsistent settings, or maybe a slightly different perception across drivers, who were, understandably, pretty wound up :)

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
This Video......Man look at the tire spin in Slow Mow........Haha that is some nice videoing there ! DR's and look out!

We want track times ! We want track times !

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Voodoo, you putting that tech to good use?? Waiting for your insight, hopefully your flying down the track as im typing this message.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
can you put DR's on this car given the size of the rear rotors?

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
How much you want to bet? ;) I accept Paypal/Venmo.

Based on my conversations with people more knowledgeable than me on the subject, I didn't even bother given my limited time in the car. Plus they were hawkish about leaving traction control on which would almost negate the whole thing.
We’ll agree to disagree. But this thread isnt called 11.3@127 For nothing. They made you guys leave the nannies on. So noobs wouldn’t drive a powerful expensive car into the wall. Not cause it’s the best way down the track.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
For everyone that is saying people should’ve done this and done that etc, you have to understand this was a very controlled environment. At least the last two days.

I believe the larger media outlets that went first had more flexibility earlier in the tour. There were things that changed after a couple days when the big outlets left.

For instance at the strip, you had zero opportunity to play with any of the settings. The cars were running the whole time so the setting didn’t reset. It was a couple runs, get out, next person gets in and goes again. You had to use LC. You had to do this and that etc. no flex.

Here’s the cool thing. Tomorrow we get to hear everyone’s opinions and we’re lucky enough to have a few people here that can chime in as well.
Sponsored