Sponsored

*UPDATE PAGE 2* Gauging interest in black emblem covers……

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
these are just vinyl overlays? if so, they aren't too expensive to by and try.
yep. i just ordered some for the side and rear emblems. trying to do 3d printed replacement emblems is more of a long term project i'm working on. the rear emblem is the hang up because it doesn't just come off like the sides, at least without damaging the surface. these overlays will do the job until that gets figured out.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
yep. i just ordered some for the side and rear emblems. trying to do 3d printed replacement emblems is more of a long term project i'm working on. the rear emblem is the hang up because it doesn't just come off like the sides, at least without damaging the surface. these overlays will do the job until that gets figured out.
you did black or body color or what? I may try both, even though I think doing some race red ones might be a bit too much (on a red car....)

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you did black or body color or what? I may try both, even though I think doing some race red ones might be a bit too much (on a red car....)
i selected custom color and asked for matte black. the emblems on the preproduction car had what i think was magnetic color raised letters but i'm going to give these a shot first. probably ask bemaro if they can do magnetic ones later and see which looks better.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Having received the car and inspected the rear emblem, it appears even more likely that the silver highlights are painted onto a black plastic base. I did a little experimenting with Q-tips and acetone on removing the silver but it did not come off as easily as I had hoped. Hesitant to get crazy with it because of not wanting to accidentally damage the surrounding finish or paint with the acetone. Not ready to write it off yet completely but this was a major bummer.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having received the car and inspected the rear emblem, it appears even more likely that the silver highlights are painted onto a black plastic base. I did a little experimenting with Q-tips and acetone on removing the silver but it did not come off as easily as I had hoped. Hesitant to get crazy with it because of not wanting to accidentally damage the surrounding finish or paint with the acetone. Not ready to write it off yet completely but this was a major bummer.
The rear emblem is a huge bummer. Being that it’s also a slightly different size than the side emblems it’s made getting the overlays produced I had planned on very difficult. I’m still waiting for bemaro films to upload their install video for the vinyl sticker overlays and then I’m going to install those and see how it looks.

Sponsored

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
Didn't know if you ever found a good closeup picture, the outline is Magnetic on the pilot cars. Of course you have to get really close to notice it.

2021-10-16 12.25.36.jpg

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't know if you ever found a good closeup picture, the outline is Magnetic on the pilot cars. Of course you have to get really close to notice it.

2021-10-16 12.25.36.jpg
Thanks!
I have some matte black overlays I’m going to try out. Depending on how they look I might get some magnetic ones as well. Either way I’m ditching the silver!

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Has anyone tried black paint with a brush or qtip? The silver looks like it's laid in a bead on top of the black Mach 1 plastic. I also have a white plastic Easy Pass toll reader on my windshield I want to paint black so you can't see it through the glass.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I just now tried a black Sharpie. It actually covered the silver well but has a different tint to it from the surrounding black so I didn't like the look and wiped it back off with alcohol.

The problem is the silver extends just a little down the sides of the raised portion so if you use something flat you'll still see silver.

This should not be this difficult :crackup:

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I just now tried a black Sharpie. It actually covered the silver well but has a different tint to it from the surrounding black so I didn't like the look and wiped it back off with alcohol.

The problem is the silver extends just a little down the sides of the raised portion so if you use something flat you'll still see silver.

This should not be this difficult :crackup:
Yeah I didn't think about the possible color variance, good point.

Last edited:

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Solid black was always the way to go. It looks great on the Ford web site build function.

I’m curious which knucklehead thought it was a good idea to paint the raised portion.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solid black was always the way to go. It looks great on the Ford web site build function.

I’m curious which knucklehead thought it was a good idea to paint the raised portion.

I too would like a word with whoever is responsible lol as @Mikepol2 pointed out this has become a much bigger challenge because the silver is not flat on the surface but rolls around the edge.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Once we know whether or not the rear emblem has plastic posts like the GT emblem, we will know if we can simply remove it, paint it, and reapply. Would be a major pain to get it lined up nice and straight again, but if you are careful I’m sure it could be done.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase