Sponsored

*UPDATE PAGE 2* Gauging interest in black emblem covers……

PBM457

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paxton
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford F-250 Tremor , Mach 1 #2510
There is a Grabber Yellow one at Huntley Ford in Huntley Illinois. I believe it’s a preproduction car as well.

DA6CEBEF-30F3-4119-9983-81C51A7FBFE5.png

0CAE1385-598A-4C06-9483-CC0202C5505E.png
Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I’m interested too. I think it would look sharp on orange.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
*UPDATE*

this project is going to go slow. still trying to figure out a solution to removing the rear emblem to replace with a 3d printed emblem without damaging the rear deck panel.

In the meantime, Benjamin Roman of Bemaro Films is willing to do an overlay kit for us! this will certainly be cheaper than printed emblems and a nice option for those not wanting to deal with removing and replacing existing emblems on the car.
To do this I need a mach 1 in southern California that can stop by his shop to allow him to use for creating his patterns. anyone interested please message me so i can put you in touch with him!
thanks

MustangVelocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great idea and props for taking the initiative! Has anyone tried using plastidip spray on the emblems? That could give a similar look although it could be difficult to remove from all the indents if someone decides to go back to stock.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Automotive painters tape, a razor and some one shot paint, or a spray bomb.
No need to fab up covers

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a great idea and props for taking the initiative! Has anyone tried using plastidip spray on the emblems? That could give a similar look although it could be difficult to remove from all the indents if someone decides to go back to stock.
When you look at the emblem up close it’s much more complex like you referred to. It would be very difficult to get it all off if you changed your mind. Plus I don’t trust the durability of plastidip to hold up to repeated washes.

Automotive painters tape, a razor and some one shot paint, or a spray bomb.
No need to fab up covers
I’m looking for a non permanent solution. Eventually that will be emblem covers but until some of the issues get solved with creating them bemaro films overlays are the way to go.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Still nobody brave enough to get a Q-tip and acetone / nail polish remover and just scrub the silver paint off?

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still nobody brave enough to get a Q-tip and acetone / nail polish remover and just scrub the silver paint off?
Nope lol
Replacements are almost $90 from Ford so I haven’t built up the courage to try it

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you look at the emblem up close it’s much more complex like you referred to. It would be very difficult to get it all off if you changed your mind. Plus I don’t trust the durability of plastidip to hold up to repeated washes.

I’m looking for a non permanent solution. Eventually that will be emblem covers but until some of the issues get solved with creating them bemaro films overlays are the way to go.
Paint the ones on the car and order a new set from ford and store them if you think you need factory correct for your retirement investment

Sponsored
OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Paint the ones on the car and order a new set from ford and store them if you think you need factory correct for your retirement investment
What retirement investment? This car is going to my son lol.
I don’t like the idea of painting something while it’s on the car. Vinyl overlays or emblem covers are a much easier solution and in my opinion the correct way to achieve this goal without committing to a permanent change. :like:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What retirement investment? This car is going to my son lol.
I don’t like the idea of painting something while it’s on the car. Vinyl overlays or emblem covers are a much easier solution and in my opinion the correct way to achieve this goal without committing to a permanent change. :like:
What is holding them on? you claiming that product isn't going to take the paint off the original badge and/or remove it from the badge from dirt getting between the badge and the "cover"
Ask anyone that had wheel flares, or any plastic cladding on a vehicle how that works out.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is holding them on? you claiming that product isn't going to take the paint off the original badge and/or remove it from the badge from dirt getting between the badge and the "cover"
Ask anyone that had wheel flares, or any plastic cladding on a vehicle how that works out.
Emblem covers are held by 3m automotive tape, same as what holds the factory emblems to the painted surface. In my experience they do not damage the surface when removed. As far as dirt getting between the cover and the original emblem, that’s only an issue around the edges and in my opinion not a big deal. This is not the first car I’ve done this to…….only the first I’ve had to find someone to make them. The last time I used them was on a 4runner and they were made by Toyota.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
these are just vinyl overlays? if so, they aren't too expensive to by and try.
Sponsored