(12/14 UPDATE!!) Is it totaled??

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, Magnetic Gray
Hi everyone! So tonight I was parked outside my friend's house on the street, and someone driving up the road smashed into my car. He said he was texting and drifted over. He was cited, I was not of course. The damage is extensive. It tore the driver's front wheel off the car, damaged the hood and quarters, cracked the windshield, damaged all 4 tires and wheels, driver's door, etc. From the photos I took, do you think they will total it out? I'm actually hoping they do, because with this reported to Carfax, I'm sure I'll get killed on the value when I go to trade it in. It was also involved with a minor accident, from the original owner. So I'd image that having two accidents on the record would be a real problem. Any opinions? It's a 2018 GT PP1, with 34k.

IMG_8184.jpg

IMG_8185.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

IMG_8190.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Damn that sucks. :(
That looks totaled to me

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
Looking at the damage and adding it up in my head while understanding the ACV of the car, the percentage is going to be too high in my opinion. My guess is that it's totalled.

I'm sorry that this happened to you and wish you the best.

Also, were you sitting inside the house when this happened? WTF did it sound like? The noise must have been shocking. What an energy dump and impact this was.

Last edited:

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
My understanding is a lot of shops are having trouble getting replacement parts causing significant delays. So cars are being totaled due to that reason as well.

Sorry that happened, but I understand wanting it to be totaled. I think it is. Hopefully he had insurance.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
It's probably totaled.
If for some reason they don't total it in Georgia you can file a claim for "Diminished Value" to cover the loss of value in a future sake.
You're lucky the person admitted to texting while driving, besides the obvious stupidity of hitting a parked car we are a hands free state so you should have no issue with their insurance company.
On the DV claim it's best to go by a dealer now, or maybe Zoom/Carvana and get them to give you a quote on it's value before the wreck and then again after. That will give you a basis for what to ask for. Don't take their first offer.
Good luck.

Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
It's probably totaled.
If for some reason they don't total it in Georgia you can file a claim for "Diminished Value" to cover the loss of value in a future sake.
You're lucky the person admitted to texting while driving, besides the obvious stupidity of hitting a parked car we are a hands free state so you should have no issue with their insurance company.
On the DV claim it's best to go by a dealer now, or maybe Zoom/Carvana and get them to give you a quote on it's value before the wreck and then again after. That will give you a basis for what to ask for. Don't take their first offer.
Good luck.
I just found this out recently myself as i live in GA and filed two days ago on the guy that hit me.

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Glad all are okay. Looks totaled to me as well. I'd want it totaled if it were mine for the same reasons. I don't care what anyone says, it will never be the same as original no matter how good the body shop is.
Now, texting and driving? I don't think I get more pissed when I see a car drifting from their lane or driving slower than the flow of traffic because they are so distracted looking at their phone trying to type on a 2" x 2" keyboard, or even dictating their urgent message. Hell, most of these idiots can barely drive as it is, let alone walk and chew gum at the same time. That is a rule I set for myself, text can wait until I'm parked or home. I always think when I see even a mild fender bender, Boy, I'm glad I wasn't on my motorcycle, I'd be dead or severely injured.
They will get a very enthusiastic "1/2 the Peace Sign" salute along with a good horn blow as I drive by. I don't care if their 3 kids are in the car/minivan and it's mommy taking her babies to school. Hang up and drive $h!thead!!!

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Like others said if it isn't totalled do a diminished value claim. Do your homework or hire one of the companies that specializes in it and then be prepared to fight the insurance company until you get what you want. I made around 5k on a vehicle that was probably worth 25k at the time (it was rather new).

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
By the looks of scene, they other vehicle is a mks Lincoln. Should of had sync and no reason to look at the phone . Wait , I'm bad I said , I said sync should work . Glad no one was hurt . Cars can be fixed or replaced , lives can't.

Sponsored

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
Totaled. I’d say that’s a good thing, with all of the suspension damage. The hard part now is replacing it. It’s tough to find a reasonable price these days. The local ford dealership is marking up any GT on the lot an automatic $10k. That’s another story, though….

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to everyone for the replies and advice!! I've never been through something like this in the past, so I have another question. It seems if they do total it, they'll give me ACV. Would that be similar to the KBB trade in value? If so, that's between $31k and $34k. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I might be dealing with. Thanks guys!!

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry that this happened to you and wish you the best.

Also, were you sitting inside the house when this happened? WTF did it sound like? The noise must have been shocking. What an energy dump and impact this was.
Thanks! No, we were on the way back from grabbing some food. One of my friend's neighbors was in their basement and thought a tree had fallen on his house. It was THAT loud, lol.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Consensus is totaled but if not, a diminished value claim can make rather than lose you money if you keep the car. Diminished value gets you how much less its worth at time of the repairs. The longer you keep the car the less the wreck hurts the resale. I'm sure you wouldn't but keep the car long enough, the diminished value money is pure profit.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Thanks to everyone for the replies and advice!! I've never been through something like this in the past, so I have another question. It seems if they do total it, they'll give me ACV. Would that be similar to the KBB trade in value? If so, that's between $31k and $34k. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I might be dealing with. Thanks guys!!
Again, you might get quotes from Carvana, Zoom and a local dealer or two to get an idea of what it is/was worth and what it will cost to replace it with a like car.
Also again, you don't have to accept their first offer. You may have to fight for a fair price.
Sponsored