icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
****EDIT****

Problem solved! Many thanks to Rachel and Ford for taking care of my concerns!!! I am very impressed with the lightning quick response I received, and their actions demonstrate that they really do want me to be a customer for life! I sincerely hope that everyone that is having issues will be eventually be as pleased as I am right now! Talk to Rachel, talk to your CSM...they really do want to help!! (This is not a paid testimonial, lol)

:ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford:

I love my Mustang, I really do. This is the Mustang that I have wanted Ford to build for 30 years. However, mechanical problems are really sucking the joy right out of having a new car.

At 1100 miles, my car was in the shop for a week for a bunch of small quality issues and, of all things, a new drive shaft.

Now, at 1600 miles, I have discovered that my air conditioner does not work properly. :frusty: This is aggravating enough, but today my dealer added insult to injury by informing me that Ford will not provide a loaner car for this repair, nor will the dealer (the dealer did provide a loaner car for the week that it was in to have the drive shaft repaired, but I'm pretty sure that was to try and make up for how badly they botched my sale).

I have driven Mazdas for 14 of the last 15 years. During that time, I was ALWAYS given a loaner when I brought the car in for warranty work. I don't know if the dealer was providing it, or if Mazda was, but it sure as hell gave me the warm fuzzies. To me, that really says "we appreciate your business". Ford's policy, on the other hand, says "Screw you. We already have your money". Mazda is a tiny company compared to Ford, but they sure know how to treat their customers right.

I didn't budget an extra $100-$200 per month for rental cars; maybe I should have. :tsk:

You would think that Ford could at least have some sort of "honeymoon period" where they would offer a loaner for warranty repairs within the first 3 or 6 months, or if a new customer is having multiple problems, like many of us are.

I really wanted to keep this car for a long time, but if this is what owning a Ford is going to be like...no thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jaxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
That is one of the reasons I opted for the extended warranty since they do provide rental. I expect a new model will see the dealer few times in future recalls and few issues my car currently has (miss alined hood, right front break uneven wear, etc). Time will tell. Even Subaru gave me a rental each time I took my 25 k car in; even if it was an oil change. Can't understand why Ford won't do it on a 40 k car.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
That is one of the reasons I opted for the extended warranty since they do provide rental. I expect a new model will see the dealer few times in future recalls and few issues my car currently has (miss alined hood, right front break uneven wear, etc). Time will tell. Even Subaru gave me a rental each time I took my 25 k car in; even if it was an oil change. Can't understand why Ford won't do it on a 40 k car.
Exactly, thank you. I did research Ford's ESP today to see if rentals were covered. I thought about doing it, but then got disgusted at the thought of giving Ford MORE money...

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car

Sponsored

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
You are correct; "first year" cars often have growing pains, and I did expect some of that going in. It is ironic, however, that the problems I am experiencing are from carryover components! :shrug:

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Sorry man. Hearing this really sucks. I owned SVT's as my last 2 Mustangs and I always received a rental car for any issues. I did buy an extended service plan and got 1st day rental and enhanced rental (bigger, nice car/suv) as I don't want to be without a car.

I am surprised your dealership won't cover the issue since your car is new. Not like you had it for 4 years....

Hope FordService can help you out.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Thanks Todd15! I was pretty surprised at my dealership's attitude too. It's not the end of the world, but geez...it's the principle...

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Its laughable what Ford dealers are doing to their customers these days.
I've never read of so may issues and a we can't find any issue so go away attitude.

Good luck OP.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
As someone who's had issues with their new car also, I feel for you. But why the hell isn't the dealer providing a loaner car? I've had experiences with many dealers and brands and all of them didn't hesitate to provide one for anything.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Adding insult to injury: Ford's policy on loaner cars during warranty repairs

I hope I don't come across these issues. Coming from Infiniti, where I would go in for oil change and they gave me a loaner to roam around.... That's just ridiculous, but you get what you pay for... Ford/Dealers should rethink that strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
As someone who's had issues with their new car also, I feel for you. But why the hell isn't the dealer providing a loaner car? I've had experiences with many dealers and brands and all of them didn't hesitate to provide one for anything.
Beats the hell out of me. I didn't think I was asking too much.

I lurked the forums for a couple of months before I purchased, and was also saddened to hear about the problems others were experiencing. I kept my fingers crossed that I would get a good one...ohpleaseohpleaseohplease let me get a good one...yeah, no. :doh:

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I hope I don't come across these issues. Coming from Infiniti, where I would go in for oil change and they gave me a loaner to roam around.... That's just ridiculous, but you get what you pay for... Ford/Dealers should rethink that strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. It is very short-sighted thinking, IMO. If they were smart, they would go out of their way to do the little things that build loyalty and goodwill. THEN there will be plenty of opportunity AFTER the warranty expires to rape them on repairs! :lol:
Sponsored