Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Once order is scheduled there’s no changing it. You’d have to cancel and start over.
And yeah, I know I'm stuck once it's scheduled, that's why I need to decide quickly, hah.
I believe you have PLENTY of time.... my understanding is that you can make a change up until the window sticker is released. And that doesn't happen till right before your actual production week which won't be anytime soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I believe you have PLENTY of time.... my understanding is that you can make a change up until the window sticker is released. And that doesn't happen till right before your actual production week which won't be anytime soon. I'll be able to confirm that within the next day or two because I ordered almost 5 months ago and just emailed the dealer asking to delete the handling package.
Definitely will be interested to see how that goes for you. I thought you only had until the build was "scheduled", which I thought happened within a couple weeks after ordering. Did you order with dealersider?

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
Obligatory, "pics or we don't believe you"
james swartz ID front.jpeg
Current Airbus 330 driver (first two pics), soon to be A220 Capt (last two pics)
delta 330.jpg
34144_1552860901.jpg
9f5e649f7768867e3cedbecfef91afb1.jpg
airbus-a220-300-cockpit.jpg

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
And a video I made of the A330 set to Sammy Hagar's "Heavy Metal"

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Definitely will be interested to see how that goes for you. I thought you only had until the build was "scheduled", which I thought happened within a couple weeks after ordering. Did you order with dealersider?
I actually have two ordered, one with a local dealer for the HP and one with dealerinsider for a non-HP as a backup. My HP order has been “scheduled” 14 times but never got closer than 32 days to the scheduled date before it got bumped farther out.

Engineer0127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have reached out to Chapman Auto Group for info regarding a GT Premium or Mach 1. Since I'm all the way at the other end of the country in Port Townsend, WA, not sure if this would benefit me cost wise (vs local dealer). I welcome all purchasing thoughts!

Getting it home wouldn't be too expensive as I'm a pilot, so I fly for free and that would be quite a fun x-country return to the west coast!

This will be my first Mustang, though as a kid in high school, I drove a 73' Mustang for a few years after my grandfather passed (see pics below, circa 1977) and it was given to the family. He had previously owned a 67' & 70' Mustang fastbacks as well...an every three year kind of guy back then! Loved those grandad rides in that 67', will never forget!

My father had purchased a 64 and a half, but sold it within a year of owning it😱 Dad, dad, dad....

Anyway, thanks for adding me to the forum and this thread in particular!

Cheers

Boppa's 72 Mustang.jpeg

I was voted most likely to be a rock star back then, didn't happen, flew airplanes for a living instead! (that's a Fender Silverface Twin Reverb amp loaded in the trunk!)
Chris going to band practice.jpeg
Great story! And the Fender Silverface Twin in the trunk is priceless - such a great amp, hope you still own it! How cool would it be to drive such an amazing vehicle across the country, I would imagine that if your Granddad was looking down he’d be smiling approvingly. Good luck with your Mustang quest…

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Obligatory, "pics or we don't believe you"
Great story! And the Fender Silverface Twin in the trunk is priceless - such a great amp, hope you still own it! How cool would it be to drive such an amazing vehicle across the country, I would imagine that if your Granddad was looking down he’d be smiling approvingly. Good luck with your Mustang quest…
Thanks! He definitely inspired my inner Mustang and would readily approve! Sadly I sold the Twin when I was living in Austin, TX, so surely one of the music greats down there is still taking care of it! I played a Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty thru it, sounded quite good:-)

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you have PLENTY of time.... my understanding is that you can make a change up until the window sticker is released. And that doesn't happen till right before your actual production week which won't be anytime soon. I'll be able to confirm that within the next day or two because I ordered almost 5 months ago and just emailed the dealer asking to delete the handling package.
Here’s the message I got from Ford when trying to make a last minute change……..we see that your order is now In Production. Once your vehicle is assigned a Vehicle Identification Number, changes can no longer be made to the order.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, FJG is pretty cool as far as achromatic colors go, but I like colors that pop. Plus, that color is too overdone at this point.

And yeah, I know I'm stuck once it's scheduled, that's why I need to decide quickly, hah.
I changed my color fr om white to velocity blue the first weekend I placed order and had the vin
Thanks! He definitely inspired my inner Mustang and would readily approve! Sadly I sold the Twin when I was living in Austin, TX, so surely one of the music greats down there is still taking care of it! I played a Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty thru it, sounded quite good:-)
nice. I sold off my fender amp years ago to buy parts for my Torino cobra 😂 still have my 1975 Gibson les Paul deluxe in cherry sunburst. Not letting that go…..

80F7FE65-A66F-4C10-8A68-73D516E6BA94.jpeg

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I changed my color fr om white to velocity blue the first weekend I placed order and had the vin
Wait, are you saying you changed it AFTER you got a VIN?

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, are you saying you changed it AFTER you got a VIN?
No……I ordered on a Friday and got confirmation from Ford that deposit received that evening. I texted salesman over weekend and changed color. He put through change Monday. By Thursday I had VIN and order was in production status.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No……I ordered on a Friday and got confirmation from Ford that deposit received that evening. I texted salesman over weekend and changed color. He put through change Monday. By Thursday I had VIN and order was in production status.
Once I got VIN I couldn’t make any changes.

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

nice. I sold off my fender amp years ago to buy parts for my Torino cobra 😂 still have my 1975 Gibson les Paul deluxe in cherry sunburst. Not letting that go…..

80F7FE65-A66F-4C10-8A68-73D516E6BA94.jpeg
Beautiful guitar! I remember Pete Townshend playing the Deluxe in the day, great tone:-)

renwimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
My husband and I added the handling package 2 months after receiving our VIN. Of course now we aren't getting our car either because the date keeps getting pushed😡
Sponsored