Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I was told GM can not sell for over MSRP on any new vehicle.
My friend just got a Corvette and Tahoe all at MSRP only because the dealer couldn't t charge more. I don t know...
Now if it has 500 miles from someone then they can go anywhere.
They also told him if he didn t like his factory delivered vet to keep all his receipts and expenses and they d make him whole.

OP
OP
dealerinsider

dealerinsider

Threads
Reaction score
Website
chapmannewcars.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram
I was told GM can not sell for over MSRP on any new vehicle.
My friend just got a Corvette and Tahoe all at MSRP only because the dealer couldn't t charge more. I don t know...
Now if it has 500 miles from someone then they can go anywhere.
They also told him if he didn t like his factory delivered vet to keep all his receipts and expenses and they d make him whole.
that is inaccurate...franchised dealers can sell the vehicles for whatever we want...the MSRP is just a suggested price

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Thank you for the insight. AS an outsider I was questioning the validity of his statement . You would know as a GM dealer also.

OP
OP
dealerinsider

dealerinsider

Threads
Reaction score
Website
chapmannewcars.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram
Thank you for the insight. AS an outsider I was questioning the validity of his statement . You would know as a GM dealer also.
they do frown upon us selling over MSRP & sometimes they could withhold co-op $, but in this market, GM cant supply enough vehicles for the demand...as a dealership we still have rent, utilities, insurance, employees, etc to pay...the bills dont shut off bc we dont have inventory...so when we used to have 20 Tahoes on the lot, we can discount them...but when we have 1 or 2, we have to make all the money on it to cover our expense...

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Just placed an order on Wednesday, and it was easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. Steven replied super quickly to my email, and the order confirmation from Ford was almost instantaneous upon confirming my order details. Now for the hard part... waiting for the build.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Just placed an order on Wednesday, and it was easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. Steven replied super quickly to my email, and the order confirmation from Ford was almost instantaneous upon confirming my order details. Now for the hard part... waiting for the build.
What did you order..

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
just what this forum needs ....another guy from new jersey! šŸ˜€
I should of said.ā€¦.ā€another guy from jorseeā€. šŸ˜

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you order..
Mach 1
700A
Race Red
Magnetic painted wheels

... But man, I'm waking up every morning with a different opinion on what color I want. :'-(

I think I still have a few more days until the order is scheduled, though. Trying to decide between red, yellow, and orange.

Screenshot from 2021-08-08 10-41-06.png

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1
700A
Race Red
Magnetic painted wheels

... But man, I'm waking up every morning with a different opinion on what color I want. :'-(

I think I still have a few more days until the order is scheduled, though. Trying to decide between red, yellow, and orange.

Nice. All great color choices. You may have to start a forum poll to pickšŸ˜ƒno FJG ?

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1
700A
Race Red
Magnetic painted wheels

Once order is scheduled thereā€™s no changing it. Youā€™d have to cancel and start over.

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
I have reached out to Chapman Auto Group for info regarding a GT Premium or Mach 1. Since I'm all the way at the other end of the country in Port Townsend, WA, not sure if this would benefit me cost wise (vs local dealer). I welcome all purchasing thoughts!

Getting it home wouldn't be too expensive as I'm a pilot, so I fly for free and that would be quite a fun x-country return to the west coast!

This will be my first Mustang, though as a kid in high school, I drove a 73' Mustang for a few years after my grandfather passed (see pics below, circa 1977) and it was given to the family. He had previously owned a 67' & 70' Mustang fastbacks as well...an every three year kind of guy back then! Loved those grandad rides in that 67', will never forget!

My father had purchased a 64 and a half, but sold it within a year of owning itšŸ˜± Dad, dad, dad....

Anyway, thanks for adding me to the forum and this thread in particular!

Cheers

Boppa's 72 Mustang.jpeg

I was voted most likely to be a rock star back then, didn't happen, flew airplanes for a living instead! (that's a Fender Silverface Twin Reverb amp loaded in the trunk!)
Chris going to band practice.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have reached out to Chapman Auto Group for info regarding a GT Premium or Mach 1. Since I'm all the way at the other end of the country in Port Townsend, WA, not sure if this would benefit me cost wise (vs local dealer). I welcome all purchasing thoughts!
Hi James and welcome to the forum. Best bet for you is Granger Ford in Iowa. Zack has taken good care of a number of forum members.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-build-price-granger-ford.153961/

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once order is scheduled thereā€™s no changing it. Youā€™d have to cancel and start over.
Nah, FJG is pretty cool as far as achromatic colors go, but I like colors that pop. Plus, that color is too overdone at this point.

And yeah, I know I'm stuck once it's scheduled, that's why I need to decide quickly, hah.
Sponsored