I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
So I have upgraded to 305/30/20 squared, steeda ultralight springs and non-adjustable shocks, BMR CB005. I have Tow link and LCA bearings waiting for install.

What happens is everything is fine until the corner gets to a certain point and "it" feels like suddenly the body rolls or lifts and is really unsettling since it so sudden. It did this before the upgrades and I thought the upgrades would help and they moved the threshold higher but its more sudden when it goes.

Any suggestions? I was thinking the GT350R Sways next to maybe help with that..
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
So I have upgraded to 305/30/20 squared, steeda ultralight springs and non-adjustable shocks, BMR CB005. I have Tow link and LCA bearings waiting for install.

What happens is everything is fine until the corner gets to a certain point and "it" feels like suddenly the body rolls or lifts and is really unsettling since it so sudden. It did this before the upgrades and I thought the upgrades would help and they moved the threshold higher but its more sudden when it goes.

Are you using the same piece of curved road as your test bed? I ask because it’s possible that the road is the culprit. If not, I’d check your swaybar end links; one of these may be bent out of shape.

OP
OP
Kinjirra

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Different roads and only when I'm hard into a corner.

I will see about upgrading.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What does your alignment look like?

OP
OP
Kinjirra

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Stock alignment. Just had it done actually due to the lowering.
There is a huge range inside the factory specs and that's possibly enough to cause tire grip inconsistencies. Do you have a sheet? Not saying that's the cause, but it helps to know.

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
Same here. Hard cornering and the rear end feels good then midway it feels like the rear end pops/lifts up. I know to keep on the throttle but that sensation makes you do the opposite. But I keep on the throttle.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Check your diff carrier bushings.

I have had this feeling too (for a long time). Turns out the diff carrier bushings were shot. Hard to tell, have to do a good visual and physical inspection!

Replaced with BMR BK049 and it feels great now.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The car wont do just anything. There are limits.

What is the driver doing leading up to the point in question? Are you on the gas? brake? adding steering input?

OP
OP
Kinjirra

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. Hard cornering and the rear end feels good then midway it feels like the rear end pops/lifts up. I know to keep on the throttle but that sensation makes you do the opposite. But I keep on the throttle.

That's just what mine feels like...its a lifting/shifting sideways sensation..

I'll have to find my sheet as far as alignment but it never feels like the tires are doing anything but grip.

I thought it might just be I'm used to a lighter AWD car that was super stiff but I dunno. I have not by any stretch had any training driving a car around a track.

Sponsored

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Steeda Ultralites lower the rear of the car more than many people believe is appropriate. This affects the geometry of the rear suspension. In your hard corner, you may be passing the tipping point of the rear suspension, causing a sudden change in geometry. you could try adding a 3/16 inch spacer to lift the rear up. Or, try stiffer rear springs. Another easier fix might be to put standard bump stops in the rear. This will effectively increase the rate as the suspension loads.
Just a guess on my part.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

That's just what mine feels like...its a lifting/shifting sideways sensation..

I'll have to find my sheet as far as alignment but it never feels like the tires are doing anything but grip.

I thought it might just be I'm used to a lighter AWD car that was super stiff but I dunno. I have not by any stretch had any training driving a car around a track.
Sounds to me like both of you are feeling the effects of stability control kicking in. Normal mode is quite intrusive if you're trying to find the limits.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds to me like both of you are feeling the effects of stability control kicking in. Normal mode is quite intrusive if you're trying to find the limits.
This very well could be.

OP
OP
Kinjirra

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hadnt thought of that.... Testing is in order.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
What you’re describing sounds like (uncontrolled) rear toe steer due to the deflection in the rear LCA bushings, as much as 2 degrees under high lateral loading and rapid on/off throttle. Mine used to do that too. The stability control might be a factor but mine doesn’t feel like that anymore with the nannies on or off. The fix was the LCA bearings, the toe link bearings will help too, but mostly the LCA.

Seriously, move that to the top of your list.

Sponsored

Last edited: