Sponsored

Unmarked Mustang Police Car in San Antonio

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
A friend of mine was passing through the Alamo city and spotted Merc getting pulled over by a plain silver V6. It has non-exempt plates and an abbreviated lighting package. Unmarked cars are not specifically illegal in Texas but they aren't exactly legal either. They fall in to the category of special operations and when deployed are usually working with a marked unit close by since pursuits by unmarked cars are illegal.

39290241830_002b6fa8f8_b.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 12.39.18 PM-1 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/129268190@N05/
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
A friend of mine was passing through the Alamo city and spotted Merc getting pulled over by a plain silver V6. It has non-exempt plates and an abbreviated lighting package. Unmarked cars are not specifically illegal in Texas but they aren't exactly legal either. They fall in to the category of special operations and when deployed are usually working with a marked unit close by since pursuits by unmarked cars are illegal.

39290241830_002b6fa8f8_b.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 12.39.18 PM-1 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/129268190@N05/

They have been doing that for years. Here is a picture I took out my old office window off of 281 in San Antonio several years ago:

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
There's a blue one as well I believe. Funny though I would've sworn they were gt but obviously not

Also unmarked or close to it black charger I used to see routinely on 410 on east side of it

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
there is a yellow 15 GT cop car here in Arizona

Its sick where the lights light up too, no pictures for proof, have just seen it in person.

az_mustang.png

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Saw one of those in Virginia once. It was a white GT I believe that had pulled someone over.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FranzVonHoffer

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
There's a blue one as well I believe. Funny though I would've sworn they were gt but obviously not

Also unmarked or close to it black charger I used to see routinely on 410 on east side of it
Here's the installer, Southwest Public Safety video on them. You can also checkout some of the gear in there. I geek out on these kinds of gadget cars, even if they are the enemy.

On the dash they're running a state of the art Stalker DSR2X Ka 34.7 radar. They've also got a WiFi receiver and a drivers license reader in the center dash. On the back window deck you can see they dropped their antennas on the inside of the glass to keep them hidden.

[ame]

OP
OP
FranzVonHoffer

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
there is a yellow 15 GT cop car here in Arizona

Its sick where the lights light up too, no pictures for proof, have just seen it in person.

az_mustang.png
A buddy of mine has a dashcam vid of that Mustang making a stop in Arizona.

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
SAPD has a lot of them. Most are mustangs now and they have radar as well. They look for speeders, aggressive drivers, and idiot drivers that txt and drive. They been phasing out the charger ones for awhile.

They are perfectly legal. My neighbor down the street works for SAPD.

jtl_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0 mustang 6 speed
yup local to sa around stone oak area , they have a DIB v6 and the silver one, seen a few other undercovers. they like to try and get you to race happened to a buddy of mine then got pulled over luckily he only got a ticket for speeding nothing else.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Not The Enemy

I've not personally seen or encountered any in my 6 county region of medical travel, but I do the speed limit except when necessary due to passing problem drivers. I support C.O.P.S. and am proud of our brave service members. Police is public service.
IMG_20180428_085634_098.jpg

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I know one of the Lief Johnson (Austin) mechanics that works on the state trooper service pool. Their service contract includes superchargers, but he has not seen one in Austin. More likely on the interstate out west: Chihuahuan Desert/El Paso/VanHorn/Ozona/Junction/SanAntonio. Would be cool to see pics if DPS have one. Even moderate 5-6 psi would be enough, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FranzVonHoffer

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I know one of the Lief Johnson (Austin) mechanics that works on the state trooper service pool. There service contract includes superchargers, but he has not seen one in Austin. More likely on the interstate out west: Chihuahuan Desert/El Paso/VanHorn/Ozona/Junction/SanAntonio. Would be cool to see pics if DPS have one. Even moderate 5-6 psi would be enough, lol.
DPS has the Charger but it's just for fun, not for business.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Those are pretty slick with the antennas inside on the back dash. I always liked the FHP Marauder Unmarked cars. I am in a new Explorer interceptor these days.

MinDseTz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
God I don't miss SA traffic cops. Seemed like there was a trap or cop sitting over every hill. Im not saying I don't want speed limits, but when you get pulled over for doing 3mph over in the "enclave cities" like Alamo heights or Leon Valley, it's annoying.

In Lubbock, only the bike cops really ticket people, and they don't set traps anywhere near as ofter.
Sponsored