Sponsored

Unlikely Head to Head Review: Mustang GT vs Genesis G70

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't mind the V6 but it would have to be the Alfa's 3/4 Ferrari engine in the guilia quadrofoglio....:rockon: flat planliness goodness!!
Agree - if the US version of the quadrofoglio was available with a manual transmission I would be seriously tempted!! That engine sounds awesome.
Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I cross shopped a Stinger after I sold my 15 gt, ended up with an 18gt. Stinger is a nice car, but the mustang just had an edginess to it that I wanted. Now I really really need a usable back seat, I will end up with a stinger or possible a new wrangler rubicon. Performance wise the stinger and g70 are pretty much the same, very close. The stinger can be had easily for 8k off sticker, g70 right now they wonā€™t budge much.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Stinger around my area had like a 5K ADM, and AWD version was rare due to SOCAL, would have to order or get it from out of state. Guilia Ti had some discounts, but AWD once again was rare in the area and only way I would touch the Alfa is if FCA did allow the MOPAR lifetime max care warranty for it, that only happened after a glitch that let some owners get it on the Alfa 4C a while back, However FCA is killing the lifetime max care warranty 11/30 for all FCA products..... That will probably lose some customers, Of course not the SRT ones, because SRT never had that privilege. SP 392 did up to 2016 though. I however did almost consider a 2018 Chrysler 300 S 5.7L Hemi with the lifetime max care warranty tacked on at like 8K off fully loaded.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
We have a Stinger GT 2 AWD (similar to the G70) and a 19 GT. The GT is so much more fun to drive. The Stinger is still a fun and very practical daily driver though, especially with AWD.
20181027_133250.jpg

Sponsored

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Some of those YT comments are hilarious, they seriously believe the 19 GT is a mid 13 second car and the Kia would walk it.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Are you telling someone who is self-admittedly the target audience for this video that there isn't a target audience for this video?

OT: While it's true that the vehicles themselves are pretty different, it's not crazy for that buyers to cross shop the american v8's with other sports cars. I didn't care much for dodge and chevy but when I bought my 2010 GT, I was definitely shopping between the offerings from hyundai, nissan & subaru. I settled on the mustang because i liked it most (& the return of grabber blue).

I didn't quote you. Don't get hurt.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I dont expect everyone to understand but you are completely wrong about your assumptions.

Think of it this way, say you want 10 things out of a car and you rank importance of each characteristic to you. Power, handling, reliability, upgrades, premium materials, wife approval etc.. Now let's say room for 4 is ranked 7th of those 10 because it is nice on occasion but can live without. You should be able to see with such an evaluation method how it might be a 2 door or 4 that comes out on top at any given price point. Which is exactly what the video showed, depending on your particular situation either might be the best choice for you.

I was only saying, that you didn't cross shop, you were swapping between sport and utility, & essentially would love to ultimately have the perfect car, for you(rself).

Comparison shopping is not cross shopping brands. Cross shopping, is between 2 cars and weighing them both to same standard/criteria. Comparison shopping is looking at same two cars and wavering over your criteria.

I was attempting to differentiate.

One can easily cross-shop between a 4-door subbie and a Mustang GT, if they are using the same criteria to shop.
But to someone who desire (this time around) to have 4-doors, and would usually/typically buy Mustangā€¦ isn't really cross-shopping between a mustang and a sedan. They are just mentioning why they no longer want the other. Because their criteria has changed!

^^

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was only saying, that you didn't cross shop, you were swapping between sport and utility, & essentially would love to ultimately have the perfect car, for you(rself).

Comparison shopping is not cross shopping brands. Cross shopping, is between 2 cars and weighing them both to same standard/criteria. Comparison shopping is looking at same two cars and wavering over your criteria.

I was attempting to differentiate.

One can easily cross-shop between a 4-door subbie and a Mustang GT, if they are using the same criteria to shop.
But to someone who desire (this time around) to have 4-doors, and would usually/typically buy Mustangā€¦ isn't really cross-shopping between a mustang and a sedan. They are just mentioning why they no longer want the other. Because their criteria has changed!

^^
Pretty subtle distinction. Bottom line - someone is looking to buy a car, they might consider both of these cars.

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Some of those YT comments are hilarious, they seriously believe the 19 GT is a mid 13 second car and the Kia would walk it.
:shock: a novice like myself would probably keep it interesting. Anyone with true track skills would walk the shit out of Stinger.

Sponsored

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
:shock: a novice like myself would probably keep it interesting. Anyone with true track skills would walk the shit out of Stinger.
I doubt it would be close even with a novice driver - even modded that car isn't as fast as the best times for stock A10 GTs

With those cars you need to dick around with launch control to get the quoted magazine times, just flooring it will probably be a second worse than the already fairly average number. I used to despise using LC in my old BMW

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The ricer kids all wanna run with the big boys.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I doubt it would be close even with a novice driver - even modded that car isn't as fast as the best times for stock A10 GTs

With those cars you need to dick around with launch control to get the quoted magazine times, just flooring it will probably be a second worse than the already fairly average number. I used to despise using LC in my old BMW
The ONLY reason it might be close is because the 2018 Mustang is so powerful that itā€™s harder to get great consistent times with it for the average person, especially in colder temps. With someone who has his GT dialed in it will get ugly and quick. Right now I have to be careful when going WOT to pass someone because my GT will get loosely goosey even with TC on. The stinger really just squats and scoots, no drama. My GT is completely stock, if I raced a stinger and got a decent start it would be close to 60 then I would begin a sizable walk as speeds build. Itā€™s weird, when I went and test drove a stinger my mustang collected onlookers at the dealership like a rock star. Stopped with the stinger at a gas station and the same thing happened, 2 different people came up complimenting the car asking questions about it.
Sponsored