Sponsored

Unfortunate Tuesday with my Mach 1 - engine oil mess (not as bad as BP)

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
I'm confused who called 911 or hazmat. I would have parked car in parking spot and went along my business lol

Deleted member 69033

1668618714607.png

Did you pull up and then back up to the drain for any reason? Doesn't look like a gravity trail. The wheel got sprayed too. Did you jump the curb? I m too lazy to go see whats right behind that spot. Inquiring minds want to know. I m going to guess the car took a hit on the underside front left.?
Looking at that Pic, he had to hit something, right? There's a scuff on the ge, and oil is literally running through the separations under the fog light... Had to have hit that and knocked it loose underneath?

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
maybe not if something came loose and under pressure sprayed oil???
Can t be sure when the scuff happened either.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm confused who called 911 or hazmat. I would have parked car in parking spot and went along my business lol
Because it was the necessary and the right thing to do. That oil loss created a very dangerous situation and needed to be dealt with. I’m betting you wouldn’t be laughing if you pulled into that lot after OP, hit the oil and crashed.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
How is spilled oil onto a hard surface cleaned up in Italy? I'm not attacking, just curious.
Well, from the pictures I can say this is quite a recent building, or heavily renovated.
So for sure here they have water/oil separators in every drainage or major collectors to avoid that spills will go directly in the ground.

And being a fairly big building I'm sure there is sawdust stowed somewhere to respond to this kind of accidents.
So yes, sawdust and broom is how this will be handled, possibly by the parking staff and you helping. They will also ask (and help) to push away the car so not to impede the flow of other people doing around their business.
The slippery surface signs, the emergency services and the fire brigade are really tragicomic. It's the malaise of a society that progressed so much to become stupid again.

And by the way, if you call emergency services and the fire brigade for this, you will be fine because it's illegal to declare a public alarm if not for real emergencies AND you will be mocked mercilessly.

Last edited:

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Because it was the necessary and the right thing to do. That oil loss created a very dangerous situation and needed to be dealt with. I’m betting you wouldn’t be laughing if you pulled into that lot after OP, hit the oil and crashed.
C'mon it's a little oil!

I guess they don’t have this in your less civilized country. :giggle: :like:

1668622966228.png
I'm sure that in Germany you wouldn't know how to mop up that if there was a misprint in the label. Sure that would break the protocol and cause an unrecoverable exception in the german brain.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's the malaise of a society that progressed that much that became stupid again.
That describes the majority of the US. Common sense flew the coup.

Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
@dethmaShine Hope all's well in the end. Money can be made back. Sounds you are having quite a few adventures since last year. Tramlining from Iowa and then moving to Canada. If that car can speak...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I just have to ask - from those 2 images above is that to image the "start" of the oil leak? I mean, I have no way of telling, BUT I'm assuming it may be, since that is the largest pooling of oil out of all the pics, after driving down a few floors...

Is that where the car was parked before starting it?

Take no offense - but how is it anyone would not see that much oil on the ground in such a brightly lit building leaving a parking spot , or even as one is driving with a rear view mirror - and does not immediately stop the car instead of continuing to drive?

Am I totally missing or overbooking something? I have seen all images posted - so again; I'm assuming (at this point), the first top image is the start of the leak... ???

--

For those busting his balls about the clean up - that's not a simple "here's 5 bags of kitty litter, some sawdust and a broom".... That's a massive oil cleanup on different levels of the facility - not just an 10ft patch....That is also a huge liability issue for that parking garage/facility.... All another driver has to do is hit that slick while making the curve and they're going to hit a wall or another vehicle parked... oil on pavement is unforgiving regardless how slow you're going or what tires are on the car.... The OP did the right thing by taking responsibility and trying to get it safely cleaned up.

His Auto Ins. may cover the clean up expenses, he has to call and see... But then again, if filing through Ins., there's the penalty of raised rates too for X-years... Is the cost of Ins. covering the bill less or greater in the long term than just paying it out of pocket - that is what has to be weighed...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I am in no way faulting the OP for calling in help to clean it up.

But there is a lack of common sense from authorities when it comes to this type of stuff.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
For those busting his balls about the clean up - that's not a simple "here's 5 bags of kitty litter, some sawdust and a broom".... That's a massive oil cleanup on different levels of the facility - not just an 10ft patch....That is also a huge liability issue for that parking garage/facility....
I had the misfortune of having entire oil leak out (same engine, same capacity) - due to UPR oil drain plug. Cleaning it up wasn't too big of deal although it was not in a parking garage - but that's why I asked who called 911. If OP did that, then of course they made him pay. Someone has to.
Sponsored