Sponsored

Unemployment taxes... how do you not know?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Go to Commie-Fornia or Vegas. People beg for cash so they can buy drugs. It's on their signs.
You say that like you haven't seen that in Dallas, or VW, or North Carolina either. I can't name a SINGLE major city I've visited and not seen something similar. Heck look at the Rural (heavily right wing) areas of PA.. they are KNOWN for huge drug issues because there is nothing to do there but get high, go to church and hunt.

Pretending drugs are a one side or the other problem is not only wrong it's blatantly ignorant.
Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
FACT: People making minimum wage while working 40+ hours a week cannot support themselves financially and that is a result of the minimum wage staying stagnant while the cost of literally everything is skyrocketing. Also half of these jobs are things that I would consider careers and it's fucked up that many of them can't have financial stability for the work that they do.

If you're getting mad that unemployment offers livable financial support while working 40h/week at minimum wage then you're angry at the wrong thing.

And I am aware that there are overheard costs for businesses when it comes to hiring employees multi-million dollar companies can easily afford a minimum wage increase except that will hurt the company executives and shareholders which is completely unacceptable. I know that becomes difficult for smaller companies and it's something that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately it most likely won't be unless our tax code gets rewritten.
True, but 1% of s
FACT: People making minimum wage while working 40+ hours a week cannot support themselves financially and that is a result of the minimum wage staying stagnant while the cost of literally everything is skyrocketing. Also half of these jobs are things that I would consider careers and it's fucked up that many of them can't have financial stability for the work that they do.

If you're getting mad that unemployment offers livable financial support while working 40h/week at minimum wage then you're angry at the wrong thing.

And I am aware that there are overheard costs for businesses when it comes to hiring employees multi-million dollar companies can easily afford a minimum wage increase except that will hurt the company executives and shareholders which is completely unacceptable. I know that becomes difficult for smaller companies and it's something that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately it most likely won't be unless our tax code gets rewritten.
Correct, but less than 1% of the hourly wage work force are on minimum wage. Most hourly positions are above that. Might wanna get a second job or a side hustle like waxing cars.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You say that like you haven't seen that in Dallas, or VW, or North Carolina either. I can't name a SINGLE major city I've visited and not seen something similar. Heck look at the Rural (heavily right wing) areas of PA.. they are KNOWN for huge drug issues because there is nothing to do there but get high, go to church and hunt.

Pretending drugs are a one side or the other problem is not only wrong it's blatantly ignorant.
I am not saying you're wrong, I've just not been to those places, but I believe it. Where it's blue, you lose.

Sponsored

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
The U.S. is a Constitutional Republic. This isn't a 3rd world country, although Biden may get us there.
Yeah if you keep wanting free handouts it certainly will become a 3rd world country.

Just remember FREEDOM ISN'T FREE. Either you pay in blood or you pay in $$.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The U.S. is a Constitutional Republic. This isn't a 3rd world country, although Biden may get us there.
Yeah if you keep wanting free handouts it certainly will become a 3rd world country.

Shame we are not #1 in ANY measurements of Freedoms.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I just like to troll people... But I did my 4 years in the Army.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'll blame the Boomer generation too.

We coddled our kids and now we are left with a bunch of crybabies who don't want to work.
I'm glad my Boomer parents didn't coddle my brother and I one bit (Dad was a sergeant in Vietnam, see). We always knew the score, still do, and I'm thankful for my somewhat strict upbringing.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I always found that funny. The Boomer generation always complain about Millenials, but look who raised them? It wasn't Millenials that created the "participation trophy" it was Boomers, Millenials were just kids, they couldn't tell people what awards to give out. Boomers were the ones telling their kids(millennials) they were "smart' and "special" making them feel entitled.

Boomers LOVE to bitch about Millenials, but Boomers literally created the environment that instilled in them what they hate seeing.
I was born 1980. My parents are boomers. I wasn't coddled and I work and earn what I have. I'm not a millennial. From what I've seen I think it's Gen X (my Gen?) that stopped "raising" kids and just shoved them in day care or pawned them off on a neighbor or family member because both parents had to work or there was only a single parent there. Millennials tend to be softer crybabies because of this. In my experiences, any service place I've frequented where I encountered a Gen Xer had much better service than a Millennial. Be it food, auto parts store, really any human interaction. Of course there are exceptions on both sides but for the most part, I really dislike dealing with the younger generations. They're lazy. Saying this, I'm sure previous generations hate(d) dealing with me too.

An example of this would be a bunch of boxes need to be stacked onto a pallet. Most likely, the Millennial will be the one standing there while the previous generation people stack the stuff.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm glad my Boomer parents didn't coddle my brother and I one bit (Dad was a sergeant in Vietnam, see). We always knew the score, still do, and I'm thankful for my somewhat strict upbringing.
Thats part of the issue, you don't need a Strict upbringing to have a non-coddled or entitled Child. You just must have parents that do good job at teaching/communicating lessons, and NOT coddling what should be a teachable moment.

To many parents refuse to show their kids individual respect which can hamper their individual growth, and just results in parents trying to make "kids like them" or "that's how I was raised" which is a mistake of assume YOU are a "proper" person, or you couldn't find ways that your parents could have improved on your up brining. This parents rarely "teach" they just "tell" their kids things.
Just like there are parents that are TO lax on their kids, and not teach them anything, and worry too much about kids "needing to experience things". Usually out of wanting to be "nothing like my parents did with me", in most cases those (now grand parents) were VERY strict.

HINT: Perfect parents don't exist, and its not easy to find a balance of knowing if you should be forceful or lenient and when you should let your kid grow on their own vs guiding them.

I've seen 'lax' parents that were good at knowing when to let their kids grow and when to make something a teachable moment and those are the 2 best behaved kids I'd ever seen, and were both also VERY smart, good at school and adventurous, and loved their parents. Th parents trust their kids to go out, know when to get home and now when to call if they need help or a ride or something.
On the other hand, I know a guy that so strict with his kids he's still trying to micromanage his 20yo son that's in college, to the pint of driving to his college in the middle of the night because the "kid" didn't answer his cell phone (kid was sleeping) and doesn't see that as odd or overbearing in any way. He also constantly makes the 20yo kid constantly call home when he arrives anyplace, so the parents know where he is, and even text them if he is LEAVING to go someplace. The kid often pushes against his dad, they got into a yelling argument outside our office door about how if the kid could afford to move out fully while going to college he would (the dad would NOT let the kid apply for Govmt college loans as those are "liberal free hand outs" and pay his own college, no help from parents), to me it screams "I'm smothered back off and let me be me". I have a feeling that kid will either grow to different person as soon as he gets out from under his parents, or he'll have no idea what to do on his own and he's going to spiral in some way.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I was born 1980. My parents are boomers. I wasn't coddled and I work and earn what I have. I'm not a millennial. From what I've seen I think it's Gen X (my Gen?) that stopped "raising" kids and just shoved them in day care or pawned them off on a neighbor or family member because both parents had to work or there was only a single parent there. Millennials tend to be softer crybabies because of this. In my experiences, any service place I've frequented where I encountered a Gen Xer had much better service than a Millennial. Be it food, auto parts store, really any human interaction. Of course there are exceptions on both sides but for the most part, I really dislike dealing with the younger generations. They're lazy. Saying this, I'm sure previous generations hate(d) dealing with me too.

An example of this would be a bunch of boxes need to be stacked onto a pallet. Most likely, the Millennial will be the one standing there while the previous generation people stack the stuff.
The majority of Gen X are raised by "the greatest Generation" Just like the majority of Millenials were raised by Boomers. There is overlap, but there is for every generation.

But if you look at the research data on Millenials being Narcissists vs Gen X and Boomers, they are only 1-2pts from Gen X which is 1-2 pts from Boomers on a 40pt scale. But the difference is that when measured and told they classify narcissistic Gen X is more likely than Boomers to respond and ask how they can correct that, and Millenials are even more likely to ask how to correct it. So, in the broad scope yes, "technically" each generation is slightly worse. But each generation is also more interested in how to fix themselves than the previous.

I mean looking back every generation goes through the same phases of Leaving home-> rebellious, wanting to change the world, then late-stage capitalism once they start to realize they need retirement money. Each generation also have a diminishing view on being willing to just step on people to make more money as well. I'm all for being rich and making billions off a great idea. But when you're Walmart and making Billions while also using MY taxes to subsidize your full-time working employees, I have a HUGE issue with that. Just like I have an issue with Pharma's charging so much for drugs that it's just preventing people that need it to have access to it or need to subsidize their access to it with taxpayer government assistance. Is it legal? Sure. But I find it morally wrong that people will do this and still claim to have religious values. If you're willing to take my taxes, and/or allow people to die because you want to make 250million instead of "just" 175 million while making it more accessible, I don't view you any better than the guy selling heroine on a corner. Hell, the guy on the corner is more likely to be NEEDING the money to put food in mouths than the Pharma owner is, and likely is responsible for less deaths.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The main reason drugs are so expensive is from development and regulatory costs.

Can't do much with development costs but regulatory costs can be greatly reduced. Look at the Covid Vaccine.
Sponsored