Sponsored

Unemployment taxes... how do you not know?

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
So "free" shitty apartment that gets upkept by who? The people that are actually working? And how does this lower crime rates? How would this better the community? People will still do criminal acts no matter what their living situation is. Park your "free" apartment next to a nice neighborhood and watch the houses in that area tank and ask the community how they're doing. People have likely always been dirty but more recently is the lack of deodorant and other soaps, not getting their damn shots. I've known people who don't shower and instead bathe themselves in cologne or oils. Kids aren't being forced to clean their rooms and it goes on to their adulthood. I have friends that are great people but pre covid I never went to their place because it stunk and it was trashed. Same guy only got to ride in my car one time. Needlessly moving the seat aggressively and slammed the door and ran his shoe across the door speaker. I talked to him about it and he apologized but then when he gets out of the car 10 minutes later it's the same thing. These are just some of my personal experiences and I've heard more of the same from plenty of others. People don't give any shits whatsoever about their own stuff let alone someone else's. I applaud your optimism for a utopia that we should all strive for, it's just not gonna happen in any future I can think of with our current co residents of this planet.
We just flat out disagree. Crime happens because of opportunity. If you redline and give misunderstood people a chance at life, they wouldn't commit crimes. Look at Sweden. The rehabilitate their criminals, not punish them. Our system is corrupt.
Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah right dude. people that are homeless are perfectly happy in tent cities, they are shooting up drugs and remaining high. same would happen for minimum wage junkies, free housing, $ just goes towards drugs.

If you give them a nice place, they'd turn it into a heap, there's no incentive for these people to live, let alone better themselves beyond being strung out. oh, and for not the heavy users, the pot smokers will jump in joy. half of Dayton Ohio are stoned out there mind, even at work they are stoned beyond belief.

give them free housing, all they'd do is work, go home to their tiny house (paid by us) and get high all night, go to work next day min wage job, live til they die happily.
How is it giving it away if they are working? They can change. People change all the time. If they wanna work at McDonalds and do drugs, fine. At least the free needles and housing could keep it away from kids.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
How is it giving it away if they are working? They can change. People change all the time. If they wanna work at McDonalds and do drugs, fine. At least the free needles and housing could keep it away from kids.
are you serious.

THEY DONT DESERVE HOUSING PAID FOR BY US. NO ONE DOES

We already have DRUG zones, where junkie can go do heroine etc, overdose, and get revived by an onsite medic with zero drug charges or punishment, they had them started a few years ago. PAID FOR BY TAX of course.Thats already too much money wasted. Let alone housing them, to let them continue on their self destruction..

God dude. really?

oh I think these are the sites supporting these drug zones. disgusting. Needle exchanges, medics, free healthcare for addicts.

https://safepointohio.org Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 8.04.53 PM.png

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The housing projects from the 60's and 70's didn't work. Most have been demolished due to the fact the people who lived in them trashed them.

What makes you think things will be different if we try it again?

Look at San Fransisco

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
It's not like it would be a desirable house. It'd be like an apartment complex. Depending on family or individual needs. Obvious 1 person would not have a 3 bedroom home. The incentive to do well is still there.
Hello; I guess you either are not very experienced or are just ignoring the information being posted. This free housing or reduced cost sort of housing has been already tried and is ongoing. May be called section 8 housing, if memory serves.
Some in this thread have today described the massive government housing projects in the various states of the USA. I have known of some personally. I have seen news footage over the decades of the abandoned and damaged to point not being habitable vast complexes. So you come along seeming to not know of this. You present an idea as if it is brand new and never been attempted. We are talking hundreds of millions, perhaps billions, of tax dollars used in these failed experiments.
Back to section 8 housing. The way I understand it is those with low income can apply for rent assistance. The government picks up some of the rent depending on a persons wage and other conditions. I rented a crummy house for over 30 years. It was small and without things such as central air. I put in window units on my own. I had a modest wage job so made do in order to save for my old age. After I moved out of that house eleven years ago a person on section 8 wanted to move in. The owner/landlord had to remodel the house to meet federal standards, including a new HVAC unit, so he could rent to that person. Irony being that person decided to not live there after all.
Interesting how he did not have to upgrade the place for me, a renter paying the full price on my own dime. I am not complaining about the deal. I had a job and need a place to live. That was the deal I made. I do not know if he made out on the remodel job.

Probably

Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
are you serious.

THEY DONT DESERVE HOUSING PAID FOR BY US. NO ONE DOES

We already have DRUG zones, where junkie can go do heroine etc, overdose, and get revived by an onsite medic with zero drug charges or punishment, they had them started a few years ago. PAID FOR BY TAX of course.Thats already too much money wasted. Let alone housing them, to let them continue on their self destruction..

God dude. really?

oh I think these are the sites supporting these drug zones. disgusting. Needle exchanges, medics, free healthcare for addicts.

https://safepointohio.org Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 8.04.53 PM.png
But at least they're contributing to society. They may be able to move up in life. Like a second chance.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I guess you either are not very experienced or are just ignoring the information being posted. This free housing or reduced cost sort of housing has been already tried and is ongoing. May be called section 8 housing, if memory serves.
Some in this thread have today described the massive government housing projects in the various states of the USA. I have known of some personally. I have seen news footage over the decades of the abandoned and damaged to point not being habitable vast complexes. So you come along seeming to not know of this. You present an idea as if it is brand new and never been attempted. We are talking hundreds of millions, perhaps billions, of tax dollars used in these failed experiments.
Back to section 8 housing. The way I understand it is those with low income can apply for rent assistance. The government picks up some of the rent depending on a persons wage and other conditions. I rented a crummy house for over 30 years. It was small and without things such as central air. I put in window units on my own. I had a modest wage job so made do in order to save for my old age. After I moved out of that house eleven years ago a person on section 8 wanted to move in. The owner/landlord had to remodel the house to meet federal standards, including a new HVAC unit, so he could rent to that person. Irony being that person decided to not live there after all.
Interesting how he did not have to upgrade the place for me, a renter paying the full price on my own dime. I am not complaining about the deal. I had a job and need a place to live. That was the deal I made. I do not know if he made out on the remodel job.

Probably
But the health care aspect was not free. Now it is and is expanding. They could get therapy and other necessities they did not have access before.

You keep putting money ahead of human life. How about we get rid of Social Security, Medicade/Medicare, FICA, etc? Arizona shouldn't even pay into FICA.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
But the health care aspect was not free. Now it is and is expanding. They could get therapy and other necessities they did not have access before.

You keep putting money ahead of human life. How about we get rid of Social Security, Medicade/Medicare, FICA, etc? Arizona shouldn't even pay into FICA.
Hello; Two false ideas in your post. Both closely related. I do not know the numbers but health care is not free for all. I pay each month for Medicare. Most everyone I know has to pay for health care. I likely know some folks who get all their needs paid for by others, but just do not know the details.

The second thing is your attempt to paint me as somehow morally deficient because I do not agree with the notions of the rights to have "free" stuff. A common ploy used over time by those who champion the same sort of ideas you do. I went to high school with a fellow who has the same sort of notions as you do. We spent many hours discussing these things. When my sound arguments shredded his take on things he resorted to the same thing. Even accusing me of putting money ahead of human beings as you do. I figure you do as he did and fall back onto this false self-delusional thinking that you have a moral high ground and therefore you can ignore facts which do not suit your agenda.
You paint your self as the "good " person and me as the "bad" person so any logical or factual arguments I make, you can feel free to dismiss.
Carry on.

Sponsored

SmileForTheRearView

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That is insane! I do a lowly 51k a year and I'm getting poorer and poorer each passing minute.
This is why I tell everyone I went to college with (21-26 years old) never neglect your 401K if you have one. Hit the ground running at 10 percent (high as you can for a company match and the rest after tax money) bump it up to 15 percent by 3 or 4 years removed from college depending Ofcourse on circumstances.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Two false ideas in your post. Both closely related. I do not know the numbers but health care is not free for all. I pay each month for Medicare. Most everyone I know has to pay for health care. I likely know some folks who get all their needs paid for by others, but just do not know the details.

The second thing is your attempt to paint me as somehow morally deficient because I do not agree with the notions of the rights to have "free" stuff. A common ploy used over time by those who champion the same sort of ideas you do. I went to high school with a fellow who has the same sort of notions as you do. We spent many hours discussing these things. When my sound arguments shredded his take on things he resorted to the same thing. Even accusing me of putting money ahead of human beings as you do. I figure you do as he did and fall back onto this false self-delusional thinking that you have a moral high ground and therefore you can ignore facts which do not suit your agenda.
You paint your self as the "good " person and me as the "bad" person so any logical or factual arguments I make, you can feel free to dismiss.
Carry on.
We all pay into Social Security, Health care, gov't housing, food stamps, etc. Not many of us get the benefits of it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
To test your theory, go find some random homeless person and let him/her live in your spare bedroom. Let us know how this works out after a couple of weeks.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
To test your theory, go find some random homeless person and let him/her live in your spare bedroom. Let us know how this works out after a couple of weeks.
The people who champion the idea of free housing mysteriously always want someone else to provide it, and for it to be in someone else's neighborhood. Strange how that works.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Yep, as long as someone else pays for it and it's not in their backyard, then they're all for it. Then they go home to virtue signal with all their troll friends about how morally superior they think they are.
Sponsored

Last edited: