Sponsored

Unemployment taxes... how do you not know?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no you'll have to pay 5 cents more for your big mac.

The horror
Don't forget all the people now working in the fast food industry who simply won't have a job. Why? Because once it costs X amount of dollars to hire a person for a low-skill job - it's now at the price point where automation can be installed that eliminates the need for that human being working. It's already happening.

5 cents more for a Big Mac is the same as $5 when you don't have a job anymore.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Don't forget all the people now working in the fast food industry who simply won't have a job. Why? Because once it costs X amount of dollars to hire a person for a low-skill job - it's now at the price point where automation can be installed that eliminates the need for that human being working. It's already happening.

Precisely.

I engineer automation at the corporate level, since some of our companies' products can't be produced here in the States competitively otherwise. Thus, the worker is replaced by automation or, as my group tends to put it, the worker is opened up for other possibilities.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

So what should all of the people on minimum wage do? Keep working 3 or 4 half-time jobs and never get anywhere?

You sound like all of the boomers talking about how back in their day they made $3/hour and they were happy with it because they were able to pay for college and buy a house on that while at the same time completely ignoring that college and housing costs have skyrocketed and that $3/hour is actually over $20/ hour in 2021 money.

Or maybe CEO's could stop being stingy POS's. Look at Papa John "Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter says that Obamacare will cost the company $0.11 to $0.14 per pizza, or $0.15 to $0.20 cents per order"
It's possible to pay employees way more than $15/hour. Costco's average pay is almost twice what Walmart's is. There are a few reasons but a major one is that the CEO of Costco isn't a multi billionaire like the Walton family is.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
So what should all of the people on minimum wage do? Keep working 3 or 4 half-time jobs and never get anywhere?
How about putting down the crack pipe, lay off the wacky tobacky and learn a useful skill so you can get a real job instead of sucking off the gov't tit for the rest of your life.

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
The only thing they should get for free is a cardboard box and their choice of spot under the nearest bridge
Here's one for you. A while back we had a senator pushing a bill that said if a homeless person set up on your property you could not have them removed. He was at a meeting one afternoon and a high up at the state police took him aside and explained to him what would happen if that bill is pushed and passed. His words were this" if the bill passes into law I will give all my troopers a cardboard box and instruct them to pick up a homeless person and drive them to your house". The senator said , you cant do that, his response was Try me. My brother works with the troopers and was there. Needless to say that bill ended there.
Still have that senator and he's not getting any better. Sure there will be more to come.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
How about putting down the crack pipe, lay off the wacky tobacky and learn a useful skill so you can get a real job instead of sucking off the gov't tit for the rest of your life.
Is this a non-sarcastic "just stop being poor"?

Welfare has a <1% fraud rate. Spend 5 minutes and try and actually plan out how a poor person can "learn a useful skill" if they're working multiple jobs and trying to support a family. It's impossible to plan a few years out if you're living paycheck to paycheck and don't know how you'll survive the next month,

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
How is that my problem. They made their bed, now they gotta lie in it. I was taught growing up that if you want a good job, you work hard and learn what you need to achieve that goal, not sit on your ass and wait for the gov't cheese.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
There’s always the military! I started out at 16 washing dishes in a restaurant. Found out cooks make more so I started cooking. When I turned 18 I knew I didn’t want to do it all my life. All the older people had been there for years and had no retirement or benefits with low pay. I didn’t want that for myself so I tried to join the Army. I had problems getting in because I was born 3 months premature with a clasped lung and blood on my brain. It took almost 2 years and a bunch of waviers but I finally got in.

Unfortunately “most” people these days just want it easy! They don’t want to put in the hard work. I don’t mind helping the disabled people that can’t work. I hate the lazys with their hands out thinking they are owed everything! I remember reading something a while back about how some people were getting upwards of $700 for food stamps. They would be driving brand new cars the system is broken.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Good job growing up middle class. Do you want an award for that?

You're still missing the point. Are you aware the corporations are the biggest welfare queens in America? I don't see you talking shit about that.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Oh no you'll have to pay 5 cents more for your big mac.
I used to take my grand daughter to Mc Donalds get her kids meal and me a sandwich for less than 10 dollars. The same meal today costs almost 20.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
There’s always the military! I started out at 16 washing dishes in a restaurant. Found out cooks make more so I started cooking. When I turned 18 I knew I didn’t want to do it all my life. All the older people had been there for years and had no retirement or benefits with low pay. I didn’t want that for myself so I tried to join the Army. I had problems getting in because I was born 3 months premature with a clasped lung and blood on my brain. It took almost 2 years and a bunch of waviers but I finally got in.

Unfortunately “most” people these days just want it easy! They don’t want to put in the hard work. I don’t mind helping the disabled people that can’t work. I hate the lazys with their hands out thinking they are owed everything! I remember reading something a while back about how some people were getting upwards of $700 for food stamps. They would be driving brand new cars the system is broken.
goodjob getting in, didn't give up. I was the same, I worked at frischs big boy (food place, as a dish washer at 15 and a half) til I got with Kmart at 16, then army the day I was 17. (they was offering 45,000 dollar bonuses for airborne infantryman!) I blew that shit. but worth it, 20k infantry, 5k airborne, and like 20k quick ship. something like that. but you only get 3/4 of it due to taxes roughly.

then I worked for DoD afterwards, and police, and then part time insulation, part time janitorial, random crap here and there. In my area there was 1 guy begging on the road, then people gave him money, next week, there was 3, next week 5, next week 10, now they are everywhere.

I posted on an app "next-door" because people said "there's homeless people on corners go give them money! someone posted" I posted, quit giving them damn money, stop looking at them, get them to leave, you give them money, they go pay drug dealers, (one was witnessed evidently, at like 10pm, gets in a giant escalade at end of the night) basically homeless working for drug dealers to get dope money.

long story short, I actually got a 2 week ban, for disrespecting homeless people.

are you kidding me? they are the bane of society. they literally are trashing my area, had none, then they multiplied, they call their friends or whatever and they just keep coming.....

idk. end rant.

fact is, won't be long til we are paying for them McMansions for these guys to live in. car, food etc.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
So? No one needs that stuff. My point is people would gladly get the crumbiest job in the world to qualify, and go have a blast in their daily life.

Brb,
Flipping burgers 2 hours a day with zero care in world.

Fuck that. You earn living or don’t get sheltered.
The incentives for better jobs would be that much better. So maybe you're not entirely correct.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The incentives for better jobs would be that much better. So maybe you're not entirely correct.
yeah right dude. people that are homeless are perfectly happy in tent cities, they are shooting up drugs and remaining high. same would happen for minimum wage junkies, free housing, $ just goes towards drugs.

If you give them a nice place, they'd turn it into a heap, there's no incentive for these people to live, let alone better themselves beyond being strung out. oh, and for not the heavy users, the pot smokers will jump in joy. half of Dayton Ohio are stoned out there mind, even at work they are stoned beyond belief.

give them free housing, all they'd do is work, go home to their tiny house (paid by us) and get high all night, go to work next day min wage job, live til they die happily.
Sponsored