Sponsored

Unemployment taxes... how do you not know?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
fuck no.

why should someone get free housing to work and pay for things they want, if I am working and paying for the housing, then chump change is what I get to spend $ on.
It's not like it would be a desirable house. It'd be like an apartment complex. Depending on family or individual needs. Obvious 1 person would not have a 3 bedroom home. The incentive to do well is still there.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I guess we just have had very different life experiences. You may be very young and perhaps have not seen as much as I have at 73. I have seen too many examples of those getting a ride on the backs of others to believe what you just posted happens. Of course I have not seen all people and all situations, so may have missed a few of the more noble minded.

Also just as FreePenguin posted, some other chump is going to have to be working to pay for his/her own way thru life and then be required to pay so someone else gets the "free" ride. I put free in quotes because it is not actually free, just that someone else has to pay.
There is a myth about a great horn of plenty. Cornucopia I think it is called. A great curved snail like horn from which an endless bounty flows for all to just pick up as they want. It is a myth because the stuff of life is not free.

These ideas of if all our basic needs are met without having to strive for them, that we will do good things and make for a better society just do not ring true. I will guess you have never had to clean up a public toilet. One of my earlier jobs in the 1960's was as an usher in a walk in movie theater. I also had to clean the toilets. I saw early on how things worked. By the way the women's toilet was always the worse job. That was my first big surprise in the sense of being totally unexpected. Did not see that coming.
They're not getting 3 bedroom homes for free. Just a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.

Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take 100 random people from all woks of life and put them in a free housing area as a science experiment. A few homes will stay nice and have laws upkept and stuff but most will fall the shambles because of the simple fact we all used to learn growing up, if you don't earn it yourself, you don't treat it as well. Exceptions to everything but the majority of people now days don't take care of things even if they earn it. My wife treats her care like a trash can even though she bought it. Humanity is more disgusting now than it's ever been. It's the old adage of giving a person a fish vs. teaching them to fish. People are on corners begging for scraps because scraps are given. If the scraps stopped, so would the begging. My dog never begs me for food from the table because I've never given him any. We all know of have known people with dogs that beg like crazy because they know it might happen if they beg enough. I'm not against helping some people out but if you don't have anything wrong with your body, get your ass up yourself like the rest of us do.
People being more disgusting now than ever is a red herring and also factually wrong. But if people had housing, they'd be better off and so would the community because crime would also be lower.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The only thing they should get for free is a cardboard box and their choice of spot under the nearest bridge

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Proof of work though. Not free housing. Not like it'd be desirable. No HVAC or cable hook ups.
So? No one needs that stuff. My point is people would gladly get the crumbiest job in the world to qualify, and go have a blast in their daily life.

Brb,
Flipping burgers 2 hours a day with zero care in world.

Fuck that. You earn living or don’t get sheltered.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
People being more disgusting now than ever is a red herring and also factually wrong. But if people had housing, they'd be better off and so would the community because crime would also be lower.
So "free" shitty apartment that gets upkept by who? The people that are actually working? And how does this lower crime rates? How would this better the community? People will still do criminal acts no matter what their living situation is. Park your "free" apartment next to a nice neighborhood and watch the houses in that area tank and ask the community how they're doing. People have likely always been dirty but more recently is the lack of deodorant and other soaps, not getting their damn shots. I've known people who don't shower and instead bathe themselves in cologne or oils. Kids aren't being forced to clean their rooms and it goes on to their adulthood. I have friends that are great people but pre covid I never went to their place because it stunk and it was trashed. Same guy only got to ride in my car one time. Needlessly moving the seat aggressively and slammed the door and ran his shoe across the door speaker. I talked to him about it and he apologized but then when he gets out of the car 10 minutes later it's the same thing. These are just some of my personal experiences and I've heard more of the same from plenty of others. People don't give any shits whatsoever about their own stuff let alone someone else's. I applaud your optimism for a utopia that we should all strive for, it's just not gonna happen in any future I can think of with our current co residents of this planet.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Oh no you'll have to pay 5 cents more for your big mac.

The horror
5 cents more for everything while pay at a "good" job doesn't go up at all. That's been the last 10 years+
Sponsored