Sponsored

Unemployment taxes... how do you not know?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Unemployment pays $1,000 a week? For who? My son is currently between jobs, out of work since October. Didn't file for unemployment until January, and he now gets $750 a week. This was based on his salary of $130,000 a year. I can't image the salary you'd have to make to get $1,000 a week. He finally has a job starting March 22nd now that the jobs market is getting better. He will be working for GM Design team for infotainment systems.
My state pays as much as 425 unemployment. and during the covid stuff you got an extra 600 a week. so yes for a long while it was 1000 a week. but that is all ending this week . all the benefits and extensions run out this week. and will go back to normal unless extended again. then we will se unemployment of 300 a week again.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Sounds like some real trailer park shit there.
you would think. nope all nice 1800 sq foot homes. we rented a lake side 2 story with 4000 sq feet to a couple that were both doctors. they had two kids. lived there 6 months and entire house had to be repainted cause they let the kids draw all over all the walls. they got into attic and fell through roof, busted water lines.... caused about 11k in damages.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
all I know is food prices are skyrocketing in my area, god my staple of ice cream used to be 2.50 to 2.99 and now its 4.99 to 5.50

the sky is falling. I won't make it
man don't even get me started on food prices... or prices in general. everything has become stupid expensive. I normally dont have public melt downs but the other day I went into store got a pack of sandwich meat, pack of cheese and some bread and i got the cheaper stuff. i normally dont look at shelf price cause well I need it so prices didn't really add up in my head. I get to register grab a monster drink. Its like 16.50. I was did you double ring something there? she said no I had to take a second and I was I sorry but I don't want this. I left and just got a dollar chicken wait wait Im sorry the now 1.70 chicken sandwich at McDonalds.

I told all my friends that going out to eat was gonna get ridiculous once the dust settled cause restaurants where gonna stick it to ya because of lost revenue. so a buddy and I went out for once after like a year of not eating out. yup first and last time ill go back to dine out. we went to a burger place nothing fancy something like a Fuddruckers. got a tea, burger , fries and a fired pickles. with tip and tax was 43 dollars. yup I done with restaurants and all these other inflated prices. its also stopped me from modding cars LOL the prices people want for car parts now is stupid. im tired of wasting money to these over inflated prices not gonna any more.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
My state pays as much as 425 unemployment. and during the covid stuff you got an extra 600 a week. so yes for a long while it was 1000 a week. but that is all ending this week . all the benefits and extensions run out this week. and will go back to normal unless extended again. then we will se unemployment of 300 a week again.
Didn't the $600 extra end in the fall? I heard it went down to $300 then.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
you would think. nope all nice 1800 sq foot homes. we rented a lake side 2 story with 4000 sq feet to a couple that were both doctors. they had two kids. lived there 6 months and entire house had to be repainted cause they let the kids draw all over all the walls. they got into attic and fell through roof, busted water lines.... caused about 11k in damages.
I don't mean Asheville is a trailer park, I mean your renters. BTW, I went to Asheville Last January.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Our housing prices increased 20% here last year along with property, taxes, and insurance rates. A 10% increase in prices make your salary 10% less. Now compound that for 7 years and you are now poor.

I really hope your not a government employee. I love it when government employees bitch about handouts. Now that’s true irony.
Unemployment pays $1,000 a week? For who? My son is currently between jobs, out of work since October. Didn't file for unemployment until January, and he now gets $750 a week. This was based on his salary of $130,000 a year. I can't image the salary you'd have to make to get $1,000 a week. He finally has a job starting March 22nd now that the jobs market is getting better. He will be working for GM Design team for infotainment systems.
See, Commie-Cago is ass backwards. Other states people who were school coaches got $1,100 a month. Making double unemployed.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Didn't the $600 extra end in the fall? I heard it went down to $300 then.
you are right i wasn't clear , i just meant all the extras are ending this week like the extensions and stuff yes the extra bonus ended a while ago.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I don't mean Asheville is a trailer park, I mean your renters. BTW, I went to Asheville Last January.
I understood you :) I just mean even people of well off means still trash houses. there is no respect. but actually Asheville is sorta like rio. The part you see is all nice but the rest .... lets just say there is an abnormal amount of trailer parks around here. Not dogging on them you live where you live and in what you can afford. I just mean Asheville is not really such a nice place. and we just made a top 10 list for most violent city per capita so there is that bonus :) and theft is so out of control here the police dont even bother responding to calls any more. Asheville mall last year had 2700 calls to police for theft. The Walmart near down town stopped being 24 hour because between 11 pm and 8 Am there was more theft then sales.

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yeesh, depressing. I have a co worker who's daughter is living her best life unemployed and for a while was taking home about what he does for doing nothing but "raising" 2 kids. It's getting closer and closer to the point where the 51% is going to be the unemployed and there really wont be enough for everyone. Step 1 get them all addicted to the hand outs. Step 2 pull the carrot wherever you want and they'll all follow. But without the majority producing, the handouts start to get smaller and smaller.

10 years ago when I got my job I was making really good money. Now I'm making a little more but have been far outpaced by inflation. It's ridiculous. I also agree that the worst is still yet to come.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
You obviously have not heard of the printing press.

They go Brrrrrrrrrr. Endless money comes out. No need for work.
I stand pretty firm on being the very best person to spend my money. Other people spending it is beyond getting old. I also believe most people suffering/homeless wouldn't be if they didn't get free crap. I may also be the monster who doesn't give people on the corners any money. When I was younger I gave a guy a happy meal and he spit at my car and threw the food. That was it. You want a better life, clean yourself up and make it better. Let some of them die off and others will get the idea. Human nature to be lazy. Not like we actually want to work. We want badass cars and stuff so we show up daily, simple as that. Those that don't show up shouldn't get anything. Again, monster.

s550_from_NJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
As a milling and paving foreman for a well established union company in NJ, I had guys (operators local 825) asking to be laid off so they could collect. Max UE in Nj is $715..???...then the extra $600....then (local 825) gives an extra $300 ....supplementary unemployment benefit....!!!!!!????!!!!.....$1600to stay the fuck home....!!!!!!!!???????

These are guys that pull down $135k plus a year....taking advantage of the system. I tried to tell these guys that they’d most likely have to pay taxes but they didn’t want to hear it.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Anyone that's had small children will remember this one: "Mom/dad, can I have that?" Me: "NO, it's too much money." Them: "Just write a check." (this was in the late 1980s)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
As a milling and paving foreman for a well established union company in NJ, I had guys (operators local 825) asking to be laid off so they could collect. Max UE in Nj is $715..???...then the extra $600....then (local 825) gives an extra $300 ....supplementary unemployment benefit....!!!!!!????!!!!.....$1600to stay the fuck home....!!!!!!!!???????

These are guys that pull down $135k plus a year....taking advantage of the system. I tried to tell these guys that they’d most likely have to pay taxes but they didn’t want to hear it.
That is insane! I do a lowly 51k a year and I'm getting poorer and poorer each passing minute.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Back to the rental operators, I’d cut the a/c off for non rent payers come warm weather. No hot water. Any luxury I’d disconnect it. Piss on em. I have no sympathy for free loaders.
Sponsored

Last edited: