Sponsored

Underseal - garages recommended Central Scotland

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
hi, as above looking to get my 17GT undersealed as well it hasn't got any. (read the posts on here, Ford doesn't seem like an option..) Would prefer Scotland based company but if an 800mile round trip to Oxford is my only option... best arrange some couch surfing with some friends haha
Sponsored

DC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black GT
https://preserveprotect.co.uk/

Located in Johnstone; if you look in the Gallery, the Mustang is actually my car.

Uses Dinitrol and offers a yearly check thereafter. Very thorough and I’ve had no issues since. I got some nice pics and a video of the underside of the car - before, during and after. Decently priced as well.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
american-muscle.co.uk the chap who runs it (mike) is a wizard based near edin airport.

OP
OP

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
cheers guys, will give both a phone and see what they're saying. Either or are good for me to get to (and home without the car!)

OP
OP

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
https://preserveprotect.co.uk/

Located in Johnstone; if you look in the Gallery, the Mustang is actually my car.

Uses Dinitrol and offers a yearly check thereafter. Very thorough and I’ve had no issues since. I got some nice pics and a video of the underside of the car - before, during and after. Decently priced as well.
I chose Preserve and protect in the end, got mine done with a nice bronze colour underneath, will need to upload some photo's Cheers for the recommendation

Sponsored

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Thanks might give them a call too

OP
OP

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Thanks might give them a call too
if you do go there,ignore the sat nav as it'll take you to the wrong place, close but not right. Come into Johnston High Street off the A737 and keep going on the High St til you come to greggs on your left, turn right and head up William St and keep going til you get to the end of road and preserve and protect straight ahead. I may have to crawl under my car just to see the work before the road grim takes the sheen off it lol

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Thanks for the directions.

I intend to keep the Mustang for many years. Under car protection would be good but perhaps just pay for any issues if they happen.

Is it worth £700 to apply the underseal?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the directions.

I intend to keep the Mustang for many years. Under car protection would be good but perhaps just pay for any issues if they happen.

Is it worth £700 to apply the underseal?
will you keep the car >10 years? if so, yes, if not, then just use fords "we love to replace rusty cars" warranty (perforation warranty), and make sure ford/someone checks it 'yearly' and gives you a report.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
My Elise is 12 now. It is quite possible that I keep the Mustang 10 years (and add more cars over time).

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah get the underseal done then :D! I got mine done under warranty from ford (if you search underseal on here you'll find a 5034020 page dispute/thread we had around it in the early days of ownership), however an independent job maybe slightly better lol!

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just be careful re underseal, I'm no expert in this field but for me getting a car undersealed means putting underseal on existing undamaged paint, I know some people who before applying it sand the underside of your car (causing scratches down to bear metal) before applying, to me that defeats the object of paint protection and any chips in the underseal will then leave unprotected metal which won't last long.

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
I had Raptor applied to mine at Modurstang for £400 it’s like a rubber coat and the stones just bounce off - clean as a whistle after 2 years and 12000 miles in all weathers
Sponsored