Sponsored

Under-the-seat subwoofer?

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I want to add a subwoofer without needing to place a big & bulky box in the trunk.

JL Audio doesn't offer a Stealthbox for our car (yet) so a friend of my suggested a slim, ported sub underneat the seat - like the Kenwood KSC-SW11 or the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD.

They're about 3" tall, but if I remember correctly there are some wires beneath the premium S550's (I'd assume for the heated/cooled seats.) Do you guys think these would still fit, or do most people opt for some sort of trunk enclosure instead?
Sponsored

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
I thought about putting one under my seats but I have the powered non-heated and there still wasn't enough room under there. I went with a powered sub in the trunk, it doeant take up enough space in there to bother me. There are pics on my build page you're interested.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
I want to add a subwoofer without needing to place a big & bulky box in the trunk.

JL Audio doesn't offer a Stealthbox for our car (yet) so a friend of my suggested a slim, ported sub underneat the seat - like the Kenwood KSC-SW11 or the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD.

They're about 3" tall, but if I remember correctly there are some wires beneath the premium S550's (I'd assume for the heated/cooled seats.) Do you guys think these would still fit, or do most people opt for some sort of trunk enclosure instead?
I use to love playing with systems when i was younger and part of me would still like to get back into it.. But with my Performance car im not a fan of a heavy box with big subs in the truck as it adds weight and takes up the majority of the room in an already cramped trunk. Sounds like you feel the same. For me i would update the head unite and install really good speakers in place of the stock ones.. Done right that could sound really good.

WWJBD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
LOL have you looked under the seats?

There's no way your fitting anything under there. I dropped a credit card down there the other day and I could barely get my hand under there to get it out.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
0b5caf6acb09a9212f4eaeb64685a5c3.jpg

Under-the-seat-subwoof is just another subsitute for chair massager with sound. LOL
Sponsored