Sponsored

Under Sealing

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So with more people finally taking ownership I thought i'd bring this subject up (again) And as we know It's not the first time it's been mentioned, so how do you new owners feel about the work done to the underside of your cars? I'd guess there's many of us that to be honest wouldn't know a good job from a bad job when it comes to undersealing the underside but going by peoples comments so far things aren't that great.
Is the under sealing really that bad? Are any of you thinking of getting it sorted if you haven't already, i'd be interested to hear what people think, my car is getting closer by the day (did I really say that) and i'm starting to think of the to do list and what's important to get sort and what isn't.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So with more people finally taking ownership I thought i'd bring this subject up (again) And as we know It's not the first time it's been mentioned, so how do you new owners feel about the work done to the underside of your cars? I'd guess there's many of us that to be honest wouldn't know a good job from a bad job when it comes to undersealing the underside but going by peoples comments so far things aren't that great.
Is the under sealing really that bad? Are any of you thinking of getting it sorted if you haven't already, i'd be interested to hear what people think, my car is getting closer by the day (did I really say that) and i'm starting to think of the to do list and what's important to get sort and what isn't.
I'll give you my review Friday when I go to look at my car - BEFORE PICKUP/Handover. AS they're hopefully going to clean it for then and have asked me to go in and look over it (I'll look in the over spray places - wheel arches, exhaust etc), anything in certain places i'll have them remove before pickup, becuase i dont want randystangs issue of having my car smell liek it's about to set on fire, when it should smell like that new car smell

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
It's not the overspray that's the issue. It's the lack of spray in the right areas. You need the car up on a lift to have a look underneath. Exhaust will probably need to be removed to make sure it's gotten behind there. Ford have made a half hearted attempt by the sounds of it.

I'm sure someone on here who got theirs early have had the under seal redone themselves.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Ford did an abysmal job, or the people they hire to do it, more on the exhaust and wheels than the underbody on mine.

Shall get it done properly before next winter. :)

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm sure someone on here who got theirs early have had the under seal redone themselves.
Think it was [MENTION=16968]9111tiles[/MENTION]. Black FB with the Roush front end.

Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I have completely failed to check over most of my car so far. Every time I go near it the urge to drive it takes over... :D

It'll be going to have its exhaust fitted in a few weeks so I guess I may see the underside then.

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
Mines a joke, they pretty much just sprayed the exhaust which has been removed.
Getting it done properly at my brothers body shop before the end of summer. Needs to be done right...

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
It's in Ford's interest to sort this for us given that we have a 12 year perforation warranty. (in the US it's 5 years!)

Sponsored

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Audi A5, Mitsibushi L200
Have you brought this up with ford?

That's is a warranty issue and should be redone.
Just noticed it last Friday, when I was fitting my Milltek Exhaust.

Gonna forward pics to Ford, but probably want to get it done properly, so that means NOT at a Ford Garage :frusty:

CJ01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Mondeo ST daily, Mustang GT when I want to smile
I'll be getting mine professionally checked and if it hasn't been done properly, I'll read the warranty carefully to see if I can request it is done properly under the warranty.

OP
OP

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well i'm not parting with £35'000 if it looks like the above photos.
Sponsored