• Total voters

Stopthisfall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
Just got the car back. Ac works great but it's louder now when driving under load with ac on. If it fails again I'm going to trade the car in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirtyblueshirt

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Just got the car back. Ac works great but it's louder now when driving under load with ac on. If it fails again I'm going to trade the car in.
Do you hear a noise when you start the car that increases in pitch with the throttle?

86gt351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang Gt
The problem is that most dealers don't want to diagnose the evaporator because of it's location behind the dashboard. This results in multiple trips and wasted time. Best I can say is to take it in and insist they don't return the car until they've checked and verified the evaporator
Depends on the dealer. Here at the one I work at, We do a fair share of them. We pride ourselves on CSI. Having a customer come back for absolutely no reason a 2nd or 3rd time just lessens your opportunity for a perfect survey.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
My replaced evaporator part number is FR3Z-19850-M. Ford Parts lists that it replaces FR3Z-19850-C, FR3Z-19850-H. I don't know what part number they removed from my car.
Being an ex ford master tech, i suspect that 19850-c is what came in the 15 and 19850-h for 16s. 19850-m is probably what comes in 17s. If it was in other cars like the fusion, it was already happening before it was happening to the 15 owners so they changed it for 16. Stil happening to 16s so once production of 17s started they updated to a new design number yet again. It appears ford was already in the know on the issue before it started happening to the masses of mustang owners. They clearly havent wasted any time in getting to a revision that works. Usually when its something they havent been seeing a new fix isnt available and with no supply shortage.

Edit
It also could be a mid year production model number change in 15 through 16s. The first two part numbers could also just be different because of a supplier change but im guessing not being there doesnt seem to be a shortage.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Being an ex ford master tech, i suspect that 19850-c is what came in the 15 and 19850-h for 16s. 19850-m is probably what comes in 17s. If it was in other cars like the fusion, it was already happening before it was happening to the 15 owners so they changed it for 16. Stil happening to 16s so once production of 17s started they updated to a new design number yet again. It appears ford was already in the know on the issue before it started happening to the masses of mustang owners. They clearly havent wasted any time in getting to a revision that works. Usually when its something they havent been seeing a new fix isnt available and with no supply shortage.
[MENTION=16871]mustang_guy[/MENTION] - Do you have any info on exactly how the defective part fails? Bad welds opening up, material fatigue and cracking ... ?? Seems like about everyone here that has reported the failure live where it's hot for most of the year and use their AC constantly.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
No i unfortunately do not. I left ford in 2013. I can probably find out though through contacts i still have.
That would be great if you could find out ... curious on what actually fails on the evaporator.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dirtyblueshirt

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Update - Aircon fixed, different issue

Service centre found a bent pin in the power plug to the aircon fan. Appears it was damged during manufacture/install. The pin was bent just enough that it would make contact 99% of the time hence I had no issues for the first 6 weeks of owership.
Numerous photos were taken and sent to Ford AUS and USA.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
So far ive found out no new news from one of my contacts. My contact (shop forman) at one dealership hasnt seen any come through for this issue but said hed do some research on it. He did echo my thoughts that ive already shared though. If i dont get any info soon ill speak to a warranty rep that i know

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
So far ive found out no new news from one of my contacts. My contact (shop forman) at one dealership hasnt seen any come through for this issue but said hed do some research on it. He did echo my thoughts that ive already shared though. If i dont get any info soon ill speak to a warranty rep that i know
That would be awesome since this would be a very expensive repair outside of warranty...
Sponsored