Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
In Sept 2017 I posted (in a related thread):

FWIW, mine stopped blowing cold air from any vent and also the fan speed was lower than normal. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and its been working fine since. There is so much programming in these cars just about anything short of a rod sticking thru the block makes disconnecting the battery worth a shot.
"Since" ended more than 5 years later. Earlier this week, AC started blowing hot air on my way home. Decided to troubleshoot the next morning.

This time it fixed itself WITHOUT disconnecting the battery. So, no chance to troubleshoot. Been blowing ice cold after that one event.

What are possible causes for these two failures that both fixed themselves? Some sensor that incorrectly turns the compressor off when it shouldn't? Since the problem didn't last long enough to troubleshoot, I don't even know if the compressor was or wasn't running during this week's outage. Weird.
Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
In Sept 2017 I posted (in a related thread):

"Since" ended more than 5 years later. Earlier this week, AC started blowing hot air on my way home. Decided to troubleshoot the next morning.

This time it fixed itself WITHOUT disconnecting the battery. So, no chance to troubleshoot. Been blowing ice cold after that one event.

What are possible causes for these two failures that both fixed themselves? Some sensor that incorrectly turns the compressor off when it shouldn't? Since the problem didn't last long enough to troubleshoot, I don't even know if the compressor was or wasn't running during this week's outage. Weird.
I had a similar mystery. On a really hot day, mine started blowing hot while on the freeway. Did it a few more times on subsequent trips. It would blow hot for a short while then go back to cold, then hot again. Also started to notice that it was doing it only on the freeway and seemingly coincided with bouts of higher (but not extreme) RPMs.

I took it to a shop and had it evacuated and recharged. I'm pretty sure that it was slightly overcharged and when the higher RPMs combined with really hot weather, it was bumping off the over-pressure switch. It would take a bit for the high pressure to equalize down again and/or the control module had to time out, but then it would pump right back to over-pressure and do it all over again.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I took it to a shop and had it evacuated and recharged. I'm pretty sure that it was slightly overcharged and when the higher RPMs combined with really hot weather, it was bumping off the over-pressure switch. It would take a bit for the high pressure to equalize down again and/or the control module had to time out, but then it would pump right back to over-pressure and do it all over again.
That makes sense. But for my latest, it was surface streets mostly 45 MPH and temps barely high enough to need AC. I leave AC on all the time and let it decide what's needed to keep the target temp. This time my first thought was maybe direction of sun was full on me thru the glass and I just needed to drop the target temp. But no change to vent air temp even on max cool. And I would think I would have other symptoms from factory over-pressure in 6+ years including a lot of 120+ temps and high-speed driving.
Sponsored