Unbiased Opinions on Hellion Top Mount Kit

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Looking at a kit on Facebook.
It has 55-62 precisions.
But the more I look at the kit the more I think “f*ck that’s a lot of hot side piping”. All that piping combined with a small turbine housing and I am worried about back pressure.
Sponsored

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
Looking at a kit on Facebook.
It has 55-62 precisions.
But the more I look at the kit the more I think “f*ck that’s a lot of hot side piping”. All that piping combined with a small turbine housing and I am worried about back pressure.
Get the sleeper kit - less piping.

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
Sleeper would be my strong preference but it’s not what’s for sale and I’m being impatient.
I think the top mount is a good kit if your able to get a good deal.
I dont think back pressure is an issue without cats.....

millserd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Premium, Hellion Twin Turbo
I have the hellion top mount with precision 64 66's. It DEF is a ton of piping. So much so I needed to upgrade from sportlines to coil-overs so I could raise the front a tad. Back pressure has not been an issue I easily made 700+ whp on a non aggressive tune (still on pump 93). That being said I did also have my cats deleted (one was rattling and semi clogged).
Also consider that when you delete cats and are not using e85, the stinky exhaust smell is REAL.
I am satisfied with the kit overall, I never liked the idea of having the turbos so close to the ground and needing oil-less Comps or oil scavenge pump for oil drain.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I had the Hellion top mount kit on my 2017 I just sold a few months ago. I loved the kit, it made 1200whp on the 62s with ease. However, if this is going on a stock engine, I would really suggest the Sleeper kit from Hellion. Its quite a bit more efficient. Hit me up if you have any questions on either kit. I'm pretty knowledgeable on their setups. We also can get you a killer price on either one. Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored