Sponsored

UK Mustang went up in price again

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Less than 6 months ago we had a slight price increase of about £5 for the EB and £10 for the GT.

The EcoBoost became £29,000 exactly and the V8 £33,005.

The prices are now £29,995 and £33,995!

That's an increase of £995 and £900 respectively! It can't be car tax so this is Ford jacking up the price of the actual car!

I've already placed my order before the price increase, I hope that means I wont have to pay the extra £900 for my car.

I'll have to visit the dealership tomorrow to confirm that I will still pay the same price. I'll even threaten to cancel and go to Jaguar or Chevrolet. ;) (lol not really the latter one but hey).
Sponsored

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
The prices will increase everywhere in Europe on the 1st of july. 2000€ price increase for Germany on wednesday has been confirmed.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The prices will increase everywhere in Europe on the 1st of july. 2000€ price increase for Germany on wednesday has been confirmed.
Do you know why? It boggles my mind. I've already placed my order and paid a deposit, I think it is illegal in the UK to increase the price after I've paid a deposit.

I'll have to check tomorrow with my dealer.

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
It's most probably due to the weak euro (at least for euro states that is). Your dealer cannot raise the price if he has already confirmed the price of your mustang via order confirmation. Make sure it doesn't have a price increase clause in your contract though and you should be fine.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's most probably due to the weak euro (at least for euro states that is). Your dealer cannot raise the price if he has already confirmed the price of your mustang via order confirmation. Make sure it doesn't have a price increase clause in your contract though and you should be fine.
I'm going to check tomorrow.

I have my receipt with the date on it. If there is a £900 price increase then I wont be able to afford the car without sacrificing something. :(

Sponsored

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
The UK price increases were over a month ago - check the local UK forum for that discussion. If you ordered before then you will pay the original price, unless you make major changes to the order. Ford have a "price protection" policy in the UK at least.
The small adjustment of a few pounds was the car tax changes (VED)

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just got back from the dealer. Until I have a build date, they don't know the final price Ford will tell them I have to pay.

Ford really have botched this car launch, IMHO.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Supposedly the price increase was for the second allocation as the first had sold out. A few members on the UK forum had been told they would pay the original prices. I have a price on my order form which I assume they'll honour, although due to some changes prior to lock-in the price on the form is higher than the spec of the car!

As with most things about the global launch no one really knows anything for definite however.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you really get to go the GT route still. It is an amazing car, and you'll be an honorary American citizen in my book.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Wow! Is that the base price? Mine was about $13,000 over the base price by the time I finished with all the options. I'd hate to see what the price is out the door. So that would be more than 8,000 more pounds.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Wow! Is that the base price? Mine was about $13,000 over the base price by the time I finished with all the options. I'd hate to see what the price is out the door. So that would be more than 8,000 more pounds.

Base GT Fastback Manual is a shade under £34k but you can have the most expensive paint (TY) with stripes or black roof plus all the available options for just over £37k I believe. And it should be a grand cheaper for the first allocation cars. Add £1500 for the AT and £4000 for the vert.

Edit: Should have said we don't get the options of Performance Pack/Premium. PP is included in the cost of the car and the interior is...well...what it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Base GT Fastback Manual is a shade under £34k but you can have the most expensive paint (TY) with stripes or black roof plus all the available options for just over £37k I believe. And it should be a grand cheaper for the first allocation cars. Add £1500 for the AT and £4000 for the vert.

Edit: Should have said we don't get the options of Performance Pack/Premium. PP is included in the cost of the car and the interior is...well...what it is.
Premium + Performance is included as standard on UK cars.

Before this price hike we paid the same base MSRP before tax and shipping as the USA for a similar spec car - around $39,500 (I configured one on the ford website). But this price increase will add about $1400 to said price at the current exchange rate.

I don't see why they don't just simplify the car to make it a bit cheaper.

Who here actually gives a flying shit about heated and power folding wing mirrors? (to give but one example)

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Supposedly the price increase was for the second allocation as the first had sold out. A few members on the UK forum had been told they would pay the original prices. I have a price on my order form which I assume they'll honour, although due to some changes prior to lock-in the price on the form is higher than the spec of the car!

As with most things about the global launch no one really knows anything for definite however.
I have an order form - there is no price on it. This is why I am freaking the hell out. The extra £900 would push it JUST outside the boundaries of affordable. The thing is, I already have a deposit down on the car that is non-refundable.

So yeah - I'm both anxious and rather pissed. :frusty:

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Relax - if you ordered before the price increase in May, you will pay the original price. The order form you have with no price on it isn't a "real" Ford UK order form - they didn't exist at the time. In effect you made a "reservation" that is handled (at the moment) by a special team inside Ford UK. I guess at some stage the "standard" process will kick in - just not yet.

If you "locked down" your order before the deadline in early June, you are price protected.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I only had a bit of paper that showed that I had paid £1000. It didn't say what for but when I finally signed the paper work it showed the original pre increase price of £32995. This was at the beginning of June, after the price rise.

They didn't even add the £10 ved increase. Said that it wouldn't be fair.

So with the £1010 "saved" I added sat nav and parking sensors. :D
Sponsored