Sponsored

Ugh! My Back! ... Now what? Sell?

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ah see I read the whole thread and not just the first post. He said he'd recover, but the doctor believes using a clutch will cause him to aggravate his back again.

It probably has to do with putting uneven pressure on his back since you only push the clutch with one foot. Where medical advice is concerned, best to just listen to your doctor, or get a 2nd doctors opinion. The internet is a bad place to be giving out or receiving medical advice.
what's great about internet medical advice is its free. And second opinions are free. And there is no profit motive. And the doctor isn't tired, in a hurry, annoyed by paperwork, or doesn't have any idea what the problem but doesn't want to admit that. And if the internet advice is no good, at least its free. And free means more money available for the Mustang.
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
First, I'm grateful for everyone's input. I'm listening to all of you.

It's true, the doc said I'll probably get "better" but the constant uneven pushing of the clutch causes rotational changes in the disk. Overtime, not just a single push, is what adds up to injury. A normal disk would not be as affected, but mine is already "hot." (Term the chiro doc uses.)
lumbar discs usually benefit from movement to stay healthy, and not get "hot", or at least not stay that way. People that sit all day at a desk job tend to be prone to lumbar problems. My lower back got bad some time ago that lasted nearly a week. Getting in and out of the car was more of an issue than pressing the clutch peddle.

In any case, if you can't get the back under control in a reasonable amount of time then you could trade for an Auto. Auto is more rugged than the manual, faster and better gas mileage. At least with how I drive.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
what's great about internet medical advice is its free. And second opinions are free. And there is no profit motive. And the doctor isn't tired, in a hurry, annoyed by paperwork, or doesn't have any idea what the problem but doesn't want to admit that. And if the internet advice is no good, at least its free. And free means more money available for the Mustang.
And it's usually unqualified, wrong, and sometimes down right dangerous. People tend to read what they want to hear instead doing the right thing. You're kind of proving my point with this post, that only an idiot takes medical advice from an internet forum. Especially a car forum at that.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Trade in for sure, lets not play games with health problems.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I didn't realise there were so many doctors here

Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Auto all the way ray.

Ks5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H5318
Problem with auto is it gives you narcolepsy zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Possibly true, but just add a louder exhaust, that keeps me awake.

Nvr2mucHP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Roush Warrior
Absolutely, 100% the wrong move. Beat on that motor, and start doing it now. If you don't, you'll have an oil-burner.

Seriously, don't baby it.
This isn't true. There is a reason Ford puts the break in in the manual. Same thing with Corvettes, Vipers, Audis, BMWs and just about every other automaker that builds a performance car. Hell Lexus breaks in the LFA motor on a bench before it ever sees the car. Why would they do that if it wasn't nessesary?

But I digress.

If you can't trade for an auto you can try to strengthen your core.

I had all kinds of back issues. My doc was even talking surgery. However, wanting to avoid that route, I made an effort to get my core stronger. Once I strengthen those core muscles, my back got way, way better. It's not perfect, and it can still hurt from time to time, but so far it's saved me from the knife and I got no issues with the clutch.

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
quick question. Did you get the recaros?

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I hurt my knee a 1.5 years ago had the car I always wanted 6 speed with all the goodies now I have a auto & I have known regrets so if I was you I Will get an automatic still be happy

Last edited:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Keep the car, sell your back, problem solved. :lol:

TC :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Steel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT PP (SOLD! Back ISSUES)
quick question. Did you get the recaros?

No, thankfully, I didn't get Recaros....however...

I'm just wondering if more of my problem is the seat!

Could I be straining my lower back by getting my butt in those "wrapped" seats? :shrug:

(I know your asking the question...I do NOT have a big butt.:D)

OP
OP

Steel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT PP (SOLD! Back ISSUES)
Just want to say "thanks for the laugh"!! I love the humor and it took my mind of my back for a little while. :cheers:
Sponsored