Sponsored

U0415 + ABS + Air Bag + Advanced Trac Service

GTABurnout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 S550
I just had my car have the same issue at a track day. Scan tool tole me driver rear speed sensor is not reading anything. I just replaced both rear wheel bearings less then 2 months ago. Any one ever have a bad sensor?

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
UPDATE: problem was the drivers side rear wheel hub. The hub was replaced and the issue was resolved.

Interestingly my ambient outside temperature had also stopped working. When the car turned on the ambient temp read same as my intake temp but it would never update once driving or throughout the day. I know the ambient temp sensor requires movement to update so this was another indicator I had a wheel hub issue. I'm not sure if the ambient temp is tied directly to movement of the drivers side rear hub but if you notice this it's worth a look.

The clicking sound I was getting when first moving the car has also gone away, another symptom of a bad wheel hub. It kind of sounded like a stuck brake pad every time I first took off with the car.
I'm literally having this exact issue. Same code, lights coming up on the dash and clicking from drivers rear. Car is going to the dealer in a couple days (earliest appointment).

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
This problem is not just mustangs or Ford’s, it’s pretty much any car with speed sensors, and nearly always the rear ones. Most the time it’s debris or rust in/on the ring interfering with the sensor, occasionally it’s the ring getting magnetized, and sometimes the sensor just stops working correctly.

DetroitMustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I just had my car have the same issue at a track day. Scan tool tole me driver rear speed sensor is not reading anything. I just replaced both rear wheel bearings less then 2 months ago. Any one ever have a bad sensor?
What type of scan tool did you use to read the speed sensors? Bi-Directional?
Sponsored