Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
Experiencing the following symptoms - turn the car on and the ABS light and 2 traction control icons pop up with an alert "Advance Trac Service". As I start to drive they clear out and will stay off as long as I don't go over 10mph. The instant I'm over 10mph the steering gets tighter, the ABS light + 2 traction icons + Air bag light will pop up and the "Avance Trac Service" alert comes back. I've pulled the trouble codes and it's a U0415.

Everything I've read leads me to believe this is an ABS sensor/wheel hub issue. I've tested each wheel hub for play and they are all tight. I've cleaned the wheel hub ABS ring and speed sensor in case of any metal shavings. My next step is going to be to check each speed sensor with an Ohm meter and rotate each wheel hub to test for an AC signal.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms and has a solution I'm not thinking of? I have also read a loose ground could be the culprit but all the grounds mentioned in the other topics on this were tight for me.

Sponsored

jbird60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
You're probably on the right track with the wheel speed sensors. Just FYI, those sensors may be Hall effect units, so they'll need power (probably 5V?) to generate an output.

OP
OP
notstok5.0

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
thanks [MENTION=30037]jbird60[/MENTION]

I didn't know about the power requirement, that's good info! I was actually thinking of buying a spare speed sensor to run at each wheel hub instead of unplugging each one to test. They're cheap enough to ruin if I need to splice a power source into if necessary.

stbanas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue w/Performance Pkg
Hi notstok5.0, did you use a scanner tool to pull that code? I have the same exact issue as you but I don't get any codes back using my SCT x4 tuner.

OP
OP
notstok5.0

notstok5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi notstok5.0, did you use a scanner tool to pull that code? I have the same exact issue as you but I don't get any codes back using my SCT x4 tuner.
My Lund Ngauge found it. It also shows up in engineering mode (hold your ok button on the steering wheel as you start the car).

Sponsored

stbanas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tip. Did you get C41500 or C18400 in engineering mode? I'm not sure how these translate to the 5 digit codes that come from scanners.

OP
OP
notstok5.0

notstok5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE: problem was the drivers side rear wheel hub. The hub was replaced and the issue was resolved.

Interestingly my ambient outside temperature had also stopped working. When the car turned on the ambient temp read same as my intake temp but it would never update once driving or throughout the day. I know the ambient temp sensor requires movement to update so this was another indicator I had a wheel hub issue. I'm not sure if the ambient temp is tied directly to movement of the drivers side rear hub but if you notice this it's worth a look.

The clicking sound I was getting when first moving the car has also gone away, another symptom of a bad wheel hub. It kind of sounded like a stuck brake pad every time I first took off with the car.

stbanas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: problem was the drivers side rear wheel hub. The hub was replaced and the issue was resolved.

Interestingly my ambient outside temperature had also stopped working. When the car turned on the ambient temp read same as my intake temp but it would never update once driving or throughout the day. I know the ambient temp sensor requires movement to update so this was another indicator I had a wheel hub issue. I'm not sure if the ambient temp is tied directly to movement of the drivers side rear hub but if you notice this it's worth a look.

The clicking sound I was getting when first moving the car has also gone away, another symptom of a bad wheel hub. It kind of sounded like a stuck brake pad every time I first took off with the car.
Glad you got it resolved. I also have a sound coming from my rear driver's side but it's not really a click. It sounds more like a creak when moving forward from a stop. Is that what yours sounded like? I've checked all the sensors, fuses, and cleaned the reluctor rings and they are all good. I have not noticed the ambient temp being off but, I will have to check it more closely later.

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Experiencing the following symptoms - turn the car on and the ABS light and 2 traction control icons pop up with an alert "Advance Trac Service". As I start to drive they clear out and will stay off as long as I don't go over 10mph. The instant I'm over 10mph the steering gets tighter, the ABS light + 2 traction icons + Air bag light will pop up and the "Avance Trac Service" alert comes back. I've pulled the trouble codes and it's a U0415.

Everything I've read leads me to believe this is an ABS sensor/wheel hub issue. I've tested each wheel hub for play and they are all tight. I've cleaned the wheel hub ABS ring and speed sensor in case of any metal shavings. My next step is going to be to check each speed sensor with an Ohm meter and rotate each wheel hub to test for an AC signal.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms and has a solution I'm not thinking of? I have also read a loose ground could be the culprit but all the grounds mentioned in the other topics on this were tight for me.

I’m having the exact same problem.

Are you lowered.

I believe my code is for the passenger rear tire I just checked for play and I have play in the drivers size hub lol

Even though you checked your hub and cleaned everything and everything seemed fine, replacing your hub fixed the issue right?

I’m thinking about replacing both hubs and both sensors just to make sure

I’m also contemplating getting the upgraded apt stud hubs but not sure if the actual hubs are upgraded or just the studs. May not be worth the money.

Sponsored
OP
OP
notstok5.0

notstok5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lowered, yes. Steeda progressives and then airlift.

Replacing the wheel hub fixed the problem. Seems like drivers side is the one that most commonly fails.

Good luck!

I’m having the exact same problem.

Are you lowered.

I believe my code is for the passenger rear tire I just checked for play and I have play in the drivers size hub lol

Even though you checked your hub and cleaned everything and everything seemed fine, replacing your hub fixed the issue right?

I’m thinking about replacing both hubs and both sensors just to make sure

I’m also contemplating getting the upgraded apt stud hubs but not sure if the actual hubs are upgraded or just the studs. May not be worth the money.

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
having the same issue, trying to get the car booked into the dealer...

kmick7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
I have the same issues, how did you find out which wheel hub needed replacement? Also, when installing the wheel hub, was it pressed in?

OP
OP
notstok5.0

notstok5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issues, how did you find out which wheel hub needed replacement? Also, when installing the wheel hub, was it pressed in?
Brought to dealer & let them figure it out. Most end up being drivers rear. They're not pressed in. CJ Pony Parts has a how to video on it for the rear. The front is even easier, one nut keeps it on.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Has anyone had the same symptoms that were NOT related to the wheel hub? My car started doing this today... I know I can change the hub, but don't want to if it could be something else...
Sponsored