Tyre Pressure Monitor issue.

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Driving along highway yesterday and left front TPMS reported low pressure of 30psi. Ten minutes later same report from right front tyre.

Both rear tyres are at 29-30psi and no alarm reports.

I have driven the car for two x 40min trips today and both front tyres still in alarm mode at 31psi and still higher pressure than rears.

Vehicle is 2017 GT Australian model, original Pirelli P Zero tyres with 22000kms (approx 14000miles)

Any ideas?
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
So, instead of adding some air, you just said "fuck it" and rolled on?

Dunno.....

I probably would have added the air.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Driving along highway yesterday and left front TPMS reported low pressure of 30psi. Ten minutes later same report from right front tyre.

Both rear tyres are at 29-30psi and no alarm reports.

I have driven the car for two x 40min trips today and both front tyres still in alarm mode at 31psi and still higher pressure than rears.

Vehicle is 2017 GT Australian model, original Pirelli P Zero tyres with 22000kms (approx 14000miles)

Any ideas?
If you‘re running hot tires at 29/30 psi that’s too low. Check the door tag. You should be at 32/33 psi cold. If this doesn’t solve your issues you could have sensors batteries going low and/or going bad. I suggest raising those pressures first.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I have to agree with the OP, this seems like an issue - one that would drive me mad. I bought my car from the dealer new, and the PSI was between 20-25 cold. My warnings did not go off. Why are his going off and mine did not?

But how do you fix this? No idea.

OP
OP
Ozcraig

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
I have to agree with the OP, this seems like an issue - one that would drive me mad. I bought my car from the dealer new, and the PSI was between 20-25 cold. My warnings did not go off. Why are his going off and mine did not?

But how do you fix this? No idea.
Haha. My servicing dealer always puts 40psi at every service, which I reduce to 30-32psi as soon as I get home. Some bullshit about fuel economy..........

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Any ideas?
But how do you fix this?
To the OP, I'd simply add air and get back to spec, but monitor more closely to ensure it is a one off, like due to sudden changes in temperature.

To the second question, TPMS not alarming at all, enclosed is a link to explain how one can relearn the sensors without a tool.

https://www.akinsford.com/blog/how-to-reset-tire-pressure-sensors-on-ford-vehicles/

After resetting, If the sensors continue to report low pressure without an associated alarm, I'd follow-up with the dealer.

TPMS is OK an all; it's a tool that can provide insight. But TPMS alarms once you're out of a specified limit. It'd be great if TPMS systems also offered a warning feature or option. "Hey, car here. I've noticed I lost 2 psi in the last week on LR. Might want to check that out before we fall out of specified pressures."

OP
OP
Ozcraig

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Skye, thanks for your input. I'll add some air and see if that fixes it. Kinda thinking it may be the age of the units and the batteries, since both went to alarm at practically the same time.
Strange that the rears are under spec but not alarming.

OP
OP
Ozcraig

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
So, added more air to spec. Fronts still in alarm mode.

Did the simple TPMS reset as per the vehicle display, i.e. MENU - DRIVER ASSIST - TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR - HOLD OK TO RESET.

Problem solved.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
They may have been calibrated to a higher than spec pressure.
Sponsored