Sponsored

Two Weeks at Shop, how long did you wait for your for a Power Adder Install?

Turn around time for Supercharger / Turbo Install

• Total voters

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What year mustangs does that cover?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a 2016 as well...

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
yeah after a few years of thrashing it finally started wearing out my stock 6r80 trans. I’m going to my tuner’s shop Monday to order an Exedy stage 2 kit with intermediate shaft. I will set up an appointment for the uninstall, build, reinstall and tune update. It started slipping yesterday during a wot pull on the street..i knew it wouldn't last much longer..

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Also If you have the coin you can replace the OEM forward planetary gear with a billet version. That's what I did when I had my trans upgraded.

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/msr-planetary-gear/
Billet unit still appears to use a thrust washer. That's where the issue is, not necessarily in the construction of the overall unit. Can you confirm if tye billet unit uses thrust washers or Torrington bearings?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im just gonna go with the stock replacement since its just $45. a billet one is $1400 which is way outta my price range..

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Ugh... My installer has had my car for two weeks now, and barely any progress on my Turbo Set up. How long did you all wait for an install? IF Only I was smart (and experienced) enough to do it myself.... Seriously getting Mustang Withdrawl!!!
Are they a well known or reputable installer? If not,...........yikes!
2 weeks for an install?? Are they pushing your car off for some strange reason? Have you driven there to see the progress, if any??

Sponsored

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Billet unit still appears to use a thrust washer. That's where the issue is, not necessarily in the construction of the overall unit. Can you confirm if tye billet unit uses thrust washers or Torrington bearings?
In the description it says it uses a needle bearing instead of thrust washers.

"The side planet gears ride on a thrust washer which is oiled through the center bearings of the gears. Under high load the gears are forced downward onto the thrust bearing and the oil is pushed out! The gear will then overheat and friction weld itself to the planet carrier. Once that happens the carrier will break and the planetary will come apart, destroying the entire front half of your transmission. Our replacement billet planetary is constructed of billet steel and has a remedy for this problem: The planet gears ride on a rollerized needle bearing, which is designed for this specific type of load and can operate normally with very minimal amount of oil."

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Im just gonna go with the stock replacement since its just $45. a billet one is $1400 which is way outta my price range..
Yea that's a huge price difference, lol.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Yup, ill just put im a new oem unit every year!
From what I've read and seen, the problem is that when the stock planetary does fail, it takes out the entire transmission. Obviously that will also get expensive. Lol.

I have just got my 2016 running with the Hellion street sleeper kit, fore triple pump setup, ID1300's, opg's, 2018+ intake manifold, E85. I am still just on wastegate springs. My plan is to leave it like this (maybe put the 9lbs springs in) and run it until winter. Then have the transmission built and install a circle d converter.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I've been watching videos of folks who upgraded to the stage2 exedy kit with billet shaft. I love the way the shifts hit. I already have An “FTI “ 3200 stall in my car. I must admit that when i had the converter installed my tuner alerted me to small amounts of clutch material in the pan. That was a year ago, so its time for a rebuild. I always knew it was just a matter of time. Now I’m excited to get this done.
Sponsored