Sponsored

Two Weeks at Shop, how long did you wait for your for a Power Adder Install?

Turn around time for Supercharger / Turbo Install

• Total voters

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Ugh... My installer has had my car for two weeks now, and barely any progress on my Turbo Set up. How long did you all wait for an install? IF Only I was smart (and experienced) enough to do it myself.... Seriously getting Mustang Withdrawl!!!
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Should have waited until after the car was finished . Now it will be 4 weeks, cause he read this post.

OP
OP
Bullitt69

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Should have waited until after the car was finished . Now it will be 4 weeks, cause he read this post.
LOL, maybe... My guy isn't a big fan of Social Media though. He supposedly hates it.

Honestly though, just a <tiny bit> frustrated, I knew this was going to take some time, but at the same time - I hope he's not taking advantage of my laid back, good nature.... :inlove:

I'm really just curious for the sake of expectation itself, I wasn't given an ETA on the completion. With everything going on in the world today, I feel the turn around time is probably different than say, 1 year ago - early summer.

FYI, this build has been in discussion since April, so it's not like I called the fellow yesterday, asked him to do an install and have it done next week.

Last edited:

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
My gt350 was scheduled for install on a Monday. This “certified” Procharger dealer let my 350 sit outside in the rain for 10 days before he touched it. I was furious because that’s not how you do business. Not when I was told it would be done by the end of the first week at the latest. I live in manhattan, Kansas though so certified Procharger dealers are very hard to find unless I wanted to go two hours away. I have had a very hard time finding legitimate, trustworthy mechanics around here as I’m sure some other people have experienced.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Not in a position to do it yourself?

Sponsored

Qu8Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
well i took my car in the 18th of this month, it should have been done Wednesday or Thursday but the the o-rings for the blower and the voucher were missing from the kit Phase 2 roush. So yesterday i was told that roush will send out the parts asap. So hopefully i can have it back Tuesday or Wednesday. When i first inquired about the install he said IF i were to drop it off on a Monday I would have it back that Friday. I'd rather for them to take there time and make it right than rush and and miss something and have more down time.

OP
OP
Bullitt69

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Hey, thanks Jordanfmeyer, Qu8Storm. I needed to hear this from you dudes, I really think everyone's backed up cuz of the shit going down. We're supposed to be in the green in some parts of the country, but I'm just not seeing it.

Folks are really backed up, and it's not just because of Covid, it's almost like the supply chain has gone to shit backwards since the world took a dump and closed up.

Parts are arriving in shop SLOWLY.....

I am SO excited to get back on the road, hit the redline and #&I! the speed limit.

Can't imagine if I'm going 150+ on the open highway the Police can catch me.

Wondering how that would work? It's not like they can pull up besides me and hit the Bullhorn - "Pull Over ASSHOLE" (at 150, yea right)

Just Venting Y'all - Thanks

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
In my case, it was just a bad shop. Poor management because I brought all the parts needed to install. Procharger sent them in a massive box and I double checked to make sure they were all there. They just didn’t care and you could tell when speaking to them. Lesson learned!

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
about a day and a half. Weeks?? Screw that!
It was bad. I called Procharger and let them know what they did since they were considered a “dealer.” I think very highly of Procharger so I didn’t want a poor business like them representing Procharger. They took them off their referral list for awhile.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, thanks Jordanfmeyer, Qu8Storm. I needed to hear this from you dudes, I really think everyone's backed up cuz of the shit going down. We're supposed to be in the green in some parts of the country, but I'm just not seeing it.

Folks are really backed up, and it's not just because of Covid, it's almost like the supply chain has gone to shit backwards since the world took a dump and closed up.

Parts are arriving in shop SLOWLY.....

I am SO excited to get back on the road, hit the redline and #&I! the speed limit.

Can't imagine if I'm going 150+ on the open highway the Police can catch me.

Wondering how that would work? It's not like they can pull up besides me and hit the Bullhorn - "Pull Over ASSHOLE" (at 150, yea right)

Just Venting Y'all - Thanks

Another reason for slow part supply, resource & availability. Was the industries new and improved concept, it's name.

"Supply on demand," sort of a good idea on paper. Inventory is supposed to come in the back door and out the front. From the manufacturing on down the line, concluded at customer.

And who or where did this madness come from .....?....... you guessed it a computer model. Being at the mercy of a one man shop another log jam.

Most likely his jobs are prioritized using a formula. Driven by the turnover time. That equates to volume of sales. The longer the install as in this case, the more interruptions .

I agree with you and your expectations, give a job to someone. It's supposed to be first come first served.

Best hope, it gets done correctly, and drive off with a successful upgrade .

Pep

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I waited 1 week because i planned it with my tuner beforehand. My Procharger D1x is a relatively easy install, and I’m certain that helped..

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
D1x FTW!!! Check out my build if you havnt already.
yeah after a few years of thrashing it finally started wearing out my stock 6r80 trans. I’m going to my tuner’s shop Monday to order an Exedy stage 2 kit with intermediate shaft. I will set up an appointment for the uninstall, build, reinstall and tune update. It started slipping yesterday during a wot pull on the street..i knew it wouldn't last much longer..

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
yeah after a few years of thrashing it finally started wearing out my stock 6r80 trans. I’m going to my tuner’s shop Monday to order an Exedy stage 2 kit with intermediate shaft. I will set up an appointment for the uninstall, build, reinstall and tune update. It started slipping yesterday during a wot pull on the street..i knew it wouldn't last much longer..
Order a OEM planetary also. I guarantee yours has wear.
Sponsored