Twister orange MY21.5 or Grabber blue California Special

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey guys, I am in a situation to chose between an TO MY21.5 or a GB California Special.

I love the TO colour but I cant order one, went and placed an order for a GB in california special edition. Now, I found a new TO in a dealership. Not sure which way to go and need your expert advice on this pls

The TO MY21.5 is $73k without magneride
The GB CS is $78k with magneride

Thanks in advance guys !!
Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Just in terms of colour - I have always equated these bright - stand-out colours as Cop Bait.

With the LCT, the Magnaride actually costs nearly $3,700 ($2500 +33%) plus Stamp Duty, so the extra $5K for the California Special is really only $1,300, so if you are interested in the C/S, you "save" $1,360 on the C/S of $2660 (2K + 33% LCT),

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Hey guys, I am in a situation to chose between an TO MY21.5 or a GB California Special.

I love the TO colour but I cant order one, went and placed an order for a GB in california special edition. Now, I found a new TO in a dealership. Not sure which way to go and need your expert advice on this pls

The TO MY21.5 is $73k without magneride
The GB CS is $78k with magneride

Thanks in advance guys !!
Holy hellā€¦.I ordered my 20 in March of 20 and got it in December of 20. Itā€™s a fully loaded car with all options it was was 20k less than a 22. Canā€™t believe a new one is 78k! My MSRP was $55,045 šŸ˜³

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Holy hellā€¦.I ordered my 20 in March of 20 and got it in December of 20. Itā€™s a fully loaded car with all options it was was 20k less than a 22. Canā€™t believe a new one is 78k! My MSRP was $55,045 šŸ˜³
He's in Australia. Their dollar is like .75 US dollar. I thought the same thing when I saw his pricing.

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Oh thank god. I was about to have a heart attack for him šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Oh thank god. I was about to have a heart attack for him šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Pricy, however we (Australia) get the Mustang GT Premium, with 401A, Performance Pkg1 (less the Rear Spoiler), Active Exhaust & B&O 1000W Audio as Standard.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Pricy, however we (Australia) get the Mustang GT Premium, with 401A, Performance Pkg1 (less the Rear Spoiler), Active Exhaust & B&O 1000W Audio as Standard.
I wish Ford would offer a bit more variety here in Australia. For years, there was a strong market for a more basic V8, as witnessed by the XR8 compared to the full-fat GT.

I think perhaps they could do a lower spec and open the Mustang back up to more people. I paid $58,000 for my 2017 GT, these days they are $15,000 - $20,000 more for similar spec.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
OK I'll chime in. I have an orange '19 model with standard suspension. On forged 20's (with a strut brace) it has a great ride/handling balance and really i do not think I would bother missing the car I wanted to get magneride. i have adjustable dampers in two of our other cars, I never change them and sometimes you find the standard with adjustable is slightly too cushy and the dynamic a little to hard, whereas the stock is pretty much perfect. Cant speak for the magneride there, though.

I can understand why you'd think an orange car was cop bait but that hasnt been my experience. in fact (touch wood) i've been driving a red f type for 6 years and havent been pulled over once, and the orange mustang for 10 months, ditto. actually I like the orange car (which I call "safety orange" because you dont have to worry about blending into the background, unless you were transported to the fiery pits of hell I suppose.

looking at the other california special special bits, nothing there I would hold out for and of course mustang owners like to personalise with aftermarket bits. Personally if it had the reccaro seats that would be something to make me think twice, personally I think that the stock seats are overly soft even for a GT but that's just me.

If orange is your preference, I'd buy it and spend the savings on decent semi forged 20's.

OP
OP

krishv88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MK
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
OK I'll chime in. I have an orange '19 model with standard suspension. On forged 20's (with a strut brace) it has a great ride/handling balance and really i do not think I would bother missing the car I wanted to get magneride. i have adjustable dampers in two of our other cars, I never change them and sometimes you find the standard with adjustable is slightly too cushy and the dynamic a little to hard, whereas the stock is pretty much perfect. Cant speak for the magneride there, though.

I can understand why you'd think an orange car was cop bait but that hasnt been my experience. in fact (touch wood) i've been driving a red f type for 6 years and havent been pulled over once, and the orange mustang for 10 months, ditto. actually I like the orange car (which I call "safety orange" because you dont have to worry about blending into the background, unless you were transported to the fiery pits of hell I suppose.

looking at the other california special special bits, nothing there I would hold out for and of course mustang owners like to personalise with aftermarket bits. Personally if it had the reccaro seats that would be something to make me think twice, personally I think that the stock seats are overly soft even for a GT but that's just me.

If orange is your preference, I'd buy it and spend the savings on decent semi forged 20's.
Thanks Peter
Sponsored