• Total voters

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'd at least wait until you're past 10k miles. Turbo is softer on these motors, but if you want reliability you need a good tuner and to run e85. The knock margin on pump gas is way too thin on these engines once you start making real power. The GDI helps but can only do so much.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pierangiolo

Pierangiolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Manual (sold), 2020 Mustang GT A10
Im just saying the same thing we’ve all heard before. This is for the new guys here ;
As far as Ford covering their product, they will bail out at any chance whatsoever. Insurance companies are the same.
I could write a essay on the number of times our company has been denied legitimate insurance claims.
So any warranty by Ford or extended insurance is IMHO worthless if you do any mods.
But 99% of us know that and are prepared.

To the OP, I am in the turbo camp.
If you don’t have a warranty, the turbo will definitely be softer on your motor. With good tuning of course.
Crank snout, parasitic losses and weight are some advantages.
Also as the power hits further up the Rev range, for standard driving, the motor doesn’t know of mods till boost arrives.
But above is just my humble opinion from reading thousands of posts on M6G, by people who know a lot more than me.

Have you decided on single On3 or twin ?
Keep us posted with pics......
I am thinking On3 single because it’s an easier install than the twins (less piping). Also you don’t need to relocate the ECU like on the twins. Hellion (and other competitors) are out of the question since they are over double the price (I can’t do low mount because I live in miami where there is constant flooding)

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
I am thinking On3 single because it’s an easier install than the twins (less piping). Also you don’t need to relocate the ECU like on the twins. Hellion (and other competitors) are out of the question since they are over double the price (I can’t do low mount because I live in miami where there is constant flooding)
I have been waiting on the single system feedback. They have sold some kits, but nobody has done a test/review yet.
At least that I can find.
If u know of any please post up a link.

OP
OP
Pierangiolo

Pierangiolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Manual (sold), 2020 Mustang GT A10

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Can I rebuild/replace the engine if it blows with money on hand?
Yes...….Do it!

No........Don't

That's what it all comes down to.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So Ford Motor Company directly sold you an extended warranty that is handled and covered by a third party. Yes, I am interested in seeing this.

By the way, just to be clear this is what I am talking about.

https://fordprotect.ford.com/
Yes ford Sold me an extended warranty that is written by and was honored by portfolio elite I’ll find it and I’ll PM you a picture of it

Last edited:

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Go track the car and gets lots of high rpm full load time in to wear the rings. You want some slop to avoid binding the tight gapped OEM rings up in the cylinder.
Or change the pistons and rings...
Sponsored