Twin turbo 3.7 mustang

Big Red16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 mustang
I have a 2016 3.7 Mustang and was planning on twin turboing it here pretty soon, with a goal of 550 to 600 hp. Does anyone know what turbos I should buy and what parts I should upgrade to make the car run smooth and efficiently? I'm somewhat new to this stuff, but I'm willing to learn.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'd just go with an existing turbo kit instead of trying to make your own. Twins aren't common on the platform really, aside from kits that adapt the Ecoboost twin turbos which are more for torque than high horsepower (though you can modify them more and do both).

Auto Mafia has two options and Rudd Performance has another.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Centrifugal supercharger would be an easier and less costly. IMO

OP
OP
Big Red16

Big Red16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 mustang
I'd just go with an existing turbo kit instead of trying to make your own. Twins aren't common on the platform really, aside from kits that adapt the Ecoboost twin turbos which are more for torque than high horsepower (though you can modify them more and do both).

Auto Mafia has two options and Rudd Performance has another.
I've seen that people used the twin turbos from the 3.5 F-150, do you know if they could handle 600 hp?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen that people used the twin turbos from the 3.5 F-150, do you know if they could handle 600 hp?
I addressed that in my original post:
aside from kits that adapt the Ecoboost twin turbos which are more for torque than high horsepower (though you can modify them more and do both).
There are some ways to make it work, but then it's not really a budget friendly endeavor anymore. @SouthernCyclone did it as an example.

But unless you're doing all the extra work he did, you're probably going to blow your engine with anything over 350-4002whp.
Sponsored