• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

North Carolina Twin Turbo 2016 GT PP

OP
OP

s_mcdonald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Car is back for sale! Updated pictures with user name coming soon.

The motor has been rebuilt with OEM parts. New oil pan gasket, timing chain kit, timing cover gasket, head gaskets, head bolts, valve covert gaskets and fresh battery.

Both turbos were rebuilt with gapless rings.

During the rebuild I added the RST clutch, Barton Shifter and IMRC lockouts.

Currently has ~500 on rebuild and will continue to go up.

I bought the car site unseen and once it was delivered I noticed faint white smoke after WOT pulls. When I questioned the original owner, he chalked it off to oil backing up in the return lines of the turbos. I tried several things, none of which solved the issue and it only got worse. Turns out cylinder 8 was loosing compression.

I truly believe I bought the car with a hurt motor, either caused by a lean tune or over boost. Regardless, no one to blame but myself for not seeing the car in person.

As soon as I got the car I had it tuned by Lund and it made a world of difference.

Because I am only tuned on 93 octane, they limited me to 10 psi.

To err on the side of caution, I set my over boost shutdown at 10 psi with the following boost groups.

SP1 - Waste gate spring only (approx. 5 psi)
SP2 - Waste gate is ramped up to 5 psi, and 20 SP points added (approx 7.5-8 psi)
SP2 - Wasted gate same as SP2, and 25 SP points added (approx 9-9.5 psi)

$35,000 OBO

Feel free to text or call. Spencer (828) 508-3135

OP
OP

s_mcdonald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
TTT $34,000 OBO

~800 miles since rebuild with zero oil consumption or smoke

To answer a few questions I have gotten, the short block was assembled at Andrews Engine Service in Andrews, NC. All pistons were replaced and balanced, heads machined and valves grinded. BC Auto in Bryson City, NC put the long block together including the billet OPGs and CS. They also installed the IMRC lockouts, clutch, shifter and new O2s.

I am selling the car because my truck serves me better for work and an 11 month old, and my wife was not too happy this build took longer than expected. Plus, once this car is gone, it will be time to find her something else, so she is eager to see it go haha.

OP
OP

s_mcdonald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
TTT

Car has approx. 2,000 miles since rebuild. No smoke or oil consumption.

Mileage: 10,600

Sponsored

jrock817

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Vehicle(s)
none
Have you had car on a dyno since rebuild? Or was it just can tuning? During rebuild, was anything changed, or was rebuild just to troubleshoot problem?