Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
It took them 17 days to diagnose the A/C and the ACC ?
Mostly for the ACC. The problem there is that the issue usually only cropped up during long, multi-hour drives while using ACC, so it's difficult for a dealer to replicate.
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
intermittent electronics issue is tough. And that was probably from swapping the engine, which is invasive.

why is dealership charging labor? Is this not warranty work?

OP
OP
Dirtyblueshirt

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
intermittent electronics issue is tough. And that was probably from swapping the engine, which is invasive.

why is dealership charging labor? Is this not warranty work?
No, according to Ford of Orange the CANBUS wiring was clearly damaged. Since the engine replacement is the most likely cause, it's damage due to dealer negligence. This would come out of ANF's shop insurance, not the warranty replacement of the engine.

Now, if Ford of Orange fixes the wiring issues and the ACC problems persist, it may be back to a warranty issue. But that's an unknown at this time.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
That's a pretty broad brush to paint with. Not all dealers (Ford or otherwise) are crap, yes some are and it sounds like the OP's case it certain that Autonation Ford is one to stay away from. I have been using the same dealer here for almost 20yrs and have nothing but confidence in them. They have always done a good job on both warranty and non-warranty repairs on my Fords. Find a GOOD dealer (they do exist) and make sure you let everyone know who they are - Mine is Dewy Ford in Ankeny, IA (not going to help the OP).
True. I did add the EDIT to cover that point as well. The problem is, it's hit or miss until you do find someone good.

For example, this is my first American car and first Ford. So I have no prior experiences with the local dealers to me. As a matter of fact, I did have to take my car in for a Sync problem which took 3 days to fix. There was some frustration but overall I can't complain. That was the one and only time though. Other than that, I stay away from the dealer for the same reason that I'm guessing most people do. Stories like this. I take my car to an old friend/mechanic who happens to also own a 15' Mustang GT (and is on this forum). I know I can trust him with working on my car. Something I can only hope for with the dealership.

Obviously if it was a huge, expensive warranty issue like the OP experienced, I would have no choice but to go to the dealership and hope for the best.

In any case, just scrolling through M6G (or any other car forum for that matter) and all you see is "stealership", "never taking it to the dealer", etc. My point was that this should not be the case. The dealership should be the #1 place you take your car and feel comfortable about it but it's just not. Broad brush or not...

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Aaron, I completely understand your frustration with the whole dealership issue regarding trust. I use a local dealer for all my employer's vehicles which happen to be Fords. I have seen some questionable work and also some good work coming out of the dealer. Sometimes they can't find their ass with a flashlight. But they have also fixed some issues quite well. Keep up the pressure on ANF and i hope things can work out better for you in the end.

Sponsored

Normus Girth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
We have an autonation out here and know ppl that work there. From the stories I've heard, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of shady stuff happened.

OP
OP
Dirtyblueshirt

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Update:

I got the car back Monday.

I've posted a review on Yelp, and submitted a claim to the BBB (for whatever that's worth. ANF Tustin has a D- rating for failure to respond to 5 of 9 complaints over the past three years).

Next step is to massage my complaint into a very detailed letter to Ford.

Oh, and the AC still isn't working. Now I don't get cold air out of either side. I'm certain this is related to the recent surge in evaporator failures, but I need the dealer to confirm this conclusively.
Sponsored