Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hi
Thought I would post here before visiting the dealer to see if anyone else may have experienced the same issue. Forewarned is forearmed.

I was driving on a particularly wet day and when signalling to turn left the self cancelling did not self cancel. The indicator just kept flashing on the left. Signalling right had no effect. I shut off the engine, locked the car then unlocked it and the indicator was back to normal. However I then noticed it wasn’t entirely normal. When you lightly press the stalk for a double blink, it works right but not left. To signal left you need to fully press the stalk left. Several weeks later in wet weather it started playing up again. Once again I had to shut off the car to reset it. There are no codes showing as far as I can see. The problem seems to be linked to wet weather conditions for sure. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Sponsored

OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
May not be relevant but it’s a 2017 euro spec car with no lighting modifications.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It could be the turn signal stalk or sometimes the clock spring will cause such issues too. Clock spring replacement requires removal of the steering wheel and steering wheel airbag.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My guess is the turn signal stalk is on its way to a better world.
Fortunately it's easy to replace. Remove the steering column shroud (a few clips for the top half, two screws for the bottom half), then the stalk assembly is held in place by two screws. It takes about five minutes if you've done it before, maybe ten if you haven't.

Last edited:
OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced the indicator stalk / switch assembly.. no joy.
Had the ford dealer run diagnostics and they said the body control module needed replacement (ÂŁ500).

While they had the part on order, I read elsewhere that mysterious electrical gremlins can go away when the battery is disconnected for a period of time... Nothing lost, nothing gained, so I disconnected the battery for 20 mins. Everything is now back to normal.... Let's see if it does it again.
Sponsored