Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Help!

Lionheart4987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Hey guys I'm having trouble with a mod install.

I just blew my factory charge pipes off the other day (they didnt fit my cvf race intercooler so I was waiting for it to happen). I've installed my new CVF pipe set and added on my Turbosmart Kompact Shortie.

I've watched every video under the sun and can't find out what to do. The issue is that the blow off valve is making no air noise at all. When I have boost built up it doesn't vent, and I hear what sounds like a grumbling or gurgling noise is the best way I can describe it.

I dont honestly have the knowledge about BoVs to mess with it so looking for information and guidance to fix the issue! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: VIDEO BELOW with the noise I'm talking about.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lionheart4987

Lionheart4987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure if its a matter of adjusting it or how to adjust the BoV properly so looking for guidance to get the troubleshooting started.

The car drives and idles like normal when driving I just dont put my foot into it right now cause of that sound it makes.

One thing also I saw some videos remove the small hose from the CAI that attaches just above the BoV. Is that something I should have done too or is there a reason I shouldn't remove that hose? Any info for clarity benefits me.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
The factory BOV is electronic and the Turbosmart unit is pneumatic. You need to source manifold vacuum to that nipple on the top of the BOV or it just sits there doing nothing while your compressor surges.

OP
OP
Lionheart4987

Lionheart4987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I've attached a video I took where you can hear the noise, I do have that piece and everything installed properly, it came with the entire kit. There's just some noise that I'm not sure where it's coming from or how to get rid of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lionheart4987

Lionheart4987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Didn't realize you couldn't attach videos.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
It sounds like compressor surge but it is really hard to make out in the video. When you talk about the hose to the intake, is it about 1" connecting the BOV? If your BOV vents to atmosphere then you need to plug that line at the intake pipe otherwise your turbo is drawing in unfiltered air from under the hood.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
I changed to a different spring to avoid the noise. I forgot what spring. Maybe contact Turbosmart.

Stangang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Coupe
Had the same issue. I've read that the noise isn't bad for the car (ie compression surge) because the noise only happens when you decel. Ended up going back to stock

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I remember on my turbosmart BOV I had to actually twist it to preload the spring otherwise it would make a weird gurgling noise instead of the nice crisp "psh".
Sponsored